PDA

View Full Version : Are Legos a good party favor for 6-year-old girls?

justlearning
11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
My son's having a Lego-themed party for his 6th birthday. It's going to be at a gymnastics place so the activity doesn't involve Legos, but the cake will be a Lego, etc. I bought lots of Lego Atlantis kit sets at Target on clearance and would like to use those as party favors along with candy.

But half of his party guests will be 6-year-old girls. I know that his two closest girl friends like Legos but I don't know about the other six girls. Do you think that my planned party favor would work OK for most girls that age? Or do you think that I should provide some type of substitute party favor in case they don't like Legos?

Melaine
11-21-2011, 04:46 PM
My girls just turned 5 and would think Legos are awesome. We don't have any yet, but they love playing with my brother's old legos at my parents. I would definitely do the legos for boys and girls.

Canna
11-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I have a 6 y.o. DD - Legos are great! I was psyched to find some at Goodwill this morning!

lfp2n
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
I'd say 6 yr old girls like legos as much as 6 yr old boys.
That's not to say you wont run into girls or boys who don't care for lego but thats life.

justlearning
11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for your feedback! I will go ahead and do Legos for everyone. :)

hellokitty
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
DS1 had his 7th bday party last yr with a lego theme and there was only one girl who was able to come (we invited 3), and she loved the party and we did have a lego kit as part of the favor. You can do the atlantis ones, or if you want something that is more gender neutral, lego usually puts our a christmasy kit too. Last yr, they had christmas trees and snowmen. I gave the girl who came to my son's party a snowman kit.

kijip
11-21-2011, 07:08 PM
We did Lego Campers for T's 7th birthday (small party, great deal) and they were a HIT with boys and girls.

rlu
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
DS1 had his 7th bday party last yr with a lego theme and there was only one girl who was able to come (we invited 3), and she loved the party and we did have a lego kit as part of the favor. You can do the atlantis ones, or if you want something that is more gender neutral, lego usually puts our a christmasy kit too. Last yr, they had christmas trees and snowmen. I gave the girl who came to my son's party a snowman kit.

Yesterday I went on my annual trip to the Lego store (sans DS) and this year the three holiday kits are 1) trees (same as last year I think), 2) a red stocking and 3) three snow play santas (skiing, snowboarding, snowmobile). I got the three santa set and my sister and I assembled them yesterday (to be deconstructed and put into three boxes on the advent calendar) and they are adorable.

link to santas http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mini-Santa-Set-40022

stocking link http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Holiday-Stocking-40023

tree link http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Christmas-Tree-40024

justlearning
11-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Those Christmas sets are really cute, but I got the Atlantis sets on 90% off sale for 40 cents (reg. $4.00). Does it seem too cheap to just give one of those sets along with some candy? We're going to have at least 16 kids so I like the idea of saving money with the favors.

Twoboos
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
My 8 & 6 DDs (which averages to 7 :p) LOVE Legos!

I think the Atlantis set and candy is great!

rlu
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
DS would love it. We don't have the Atlantis one (I'm jealous you found any) but I did find the City helicopter one ($1.19 or some such) and assuming the Atlantis one is similar in size to these Christmas ones and the helicopter one, it is large enough as a stand-alone goodie IMO.

justlearning
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
DS would love it. We don't have the Atlantis one (I'm jealous you found any) but I did find the City helicopter one ($1.19 or some such) and assuming the Atlantis one is similar in size to these Christmas ones and the helicopter one, it is large enough as a stand-alone goodie IMO.

Yes, they're the exact same size. I was able to get only two helicopter ones, so I'm giving those to my boys. Ironically, DS2 already had the Atlantis one because months ago I was checking out in Target when he saw the package at the register and asked if he could have it. I said no, it wasn't worth $4 and we already had enough Legos. We then checked out and he comes up walking behind me holding the package. Turns out that the lady in line behind us whispered in his ear that she would buy it for him so he could have it. (She told me this when I took him back to the register, thinking that he was shoplifting!). She was an older lady so I appreciated her gesture of kindness instead of being upset that she went against what I had told DS.