PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Genie versus Arm And Hammer

Pilotbaby
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I am torn between these two. The book seems to lean towards one and the online reviews towards the other. I read that Arm and Hammer has no foot pedal and requires two hands to open. It seems like this would be a big deal when you are trying to hold baby and a dirty diaper but maybe I am over thinking. Anyone have any advice?

catsnkid
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
There are other options out there.. I own a diaper genie but ... It is tippy, can be a pain to refill and you have to buy the refills. Next time I think I will get a diaper dekkor I think..

marymoo86
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I haven't used either. Just take the poop to the trash.

BabyBearsMom
11-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I absolutely love our diaper genie. Mine is from before the days of the foot pedal, so I bend over to open it and it's not a big deal. It is right next to our changing table, so I put one hand on the baby and use the other to throw the diaper away. I like the diaper genie because it contains smell increadibly well. The diapers can be so horribly toxic smelling and I can put it in there, and the nursery smells fine. I don't need to worry about air fresheners at all. DD is in daycare, so I empty the genie about once a week and the refills last for a long time. I always buy the refills when they are on sale so they aren't expensive to me. I have no experience with A&H brand, but I can say that I love the DG.

crl
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I haven't used either. Just take the poop to the trash.

:yeahthat:
On my second kid and never had any of those contraptions. I almost always change my kids downstairs on the floor anyway (also never had a changing table) and I just take the smelly diapers straight out to the trash. Used plastic grocery bags for the first and now that I live in a place with no plastic grocery bags, I use the knot it bag dispenser for plastic bags to put the diaper and wipes in.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
When baby is old enough for more solid poop, I flush it. Sounds gross but it really isn;t and then there is no smell. Breastfed baby poop doesn't really smell so just put it in the trash. No need for a gadget, imo.

Beth