PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my go-to thing

BDKmom
11-22-2011, 03:23 PM
When I was pregnant with DS, it seemed that, for every phase, I had one thing that I knew I could eat/drink and it would appeal to me and satisfy my hunger/craving. At the beginning it was lemonade. Then Mexican food. Most of the time it was Chick-Fil-A. If I didn't know what else to eat, usually CFA would work. This time around, I cannot find ANYTHING! Nothing tastes right, or it leaves a weird aftertaste, or something. And if it does the trick once, it probably won't do it the next time. Makes meal time very frustrating...I can't decide what to eat/cook, and even if it sounds good, it usually isn't as good in real life as in my head. Then that makes the rest of the day miserable b/c I'm not satisfied from meal time, so I eat/drink all kinds of random crap to try and fill the void. Yesterday, grape Fanta tasted awesome, today, it makes me want to puke.

UGH, this is driving me crazy. I know lots of you ladies are around the same stage as me, so what are you eating/drinking/snacking on that makes you feel better in some way?

daisymommy
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh, that would be bad!
For me, it's always Mexican food, even in the first trimester, with every pregnancy. Crazy huh?
Cup-O-Soup usually works too--you know, that salty, processed, cheap junk in a Styrofoam cup that you pour boiling water over? Eww. But it tastes great when I'm sick and pregnant!
Oh yeah, and regular McDonalds burgers and fries!

MSWR0319
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm due in May also, and can't find anything that tastes good. I've got this nasty taste in my mouth and it just doesn't make anything taste good. I can't even come up with stuff for supper because nothing sounds good. You're not alone.

Melaine
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Dr. Pepper has been it for me....but that doesn't count as food.

ShanaMama
11-22-2011, 11:04 PM
OMG I am going thru the same thing. I'm further along than you (22-23 weeks) but still feeling pukey. I had a couple of weeks when I was eating onion tempura sushi. Luckily, I got over that & the thought makes me gag now. I frequently feel like I must eat something but I cannot think of any one thing that would please me. When I'm super nauseas I eat dry Rice Krispies in a cup. The sweetness & crunch are good for me, plus it's not so substantial that it makes me vomit. So now, whenever I can't figure out what to eat i take a cup of Rice Krispies. Problem is they really aren't filling, so I wake up needing Zofran ASAP.
Sorry to hijack. But I do commiserate. Hope you find your thing today!

Jenn850
11-23-2011, 12:24 AM
That is funny! I am not due till June but am going through something similar. I keep thinking I finally found something that will work... so I stock up on fruit on the bottom greek yogart ??? and now looking at it in the fridge makes me sick! With DD and DS orange popsicles, burger king hash browns or spicey V8 did it for me any time in a pinch, but now all bets are off. Now my fridge is overflowing with odd short lived cravings : Kale, Chicken broth, expensive ginger ales, apple dip. All of it turns my stomach. So I guess I've got nothin but commisery for you! Hopefully it will ease up in the next few weeks.

sntm
11-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I feel your pain. I get so frustrated when the exact same food makes me hurl one day when it was perfect the day before. My go-to thing has been lime - chicken cilantro soup with lime, sparkling water with lime, tostitos hint of lime. Of course, ask me tomorrow...