PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace expiring car seat, Frontier?

3isEnough
11-22-2011, 08:30 PM
I have a Boulevard that's expiring and a Regent that has one more year in it.

I have 2 kids that go in these car seats (a 3rd DC is in a HBB). The first is 6yo, 40lbs, 43". My second is 3yo, about 25lbs, 34".

I'm thinking of snagging the Frontier on Wayfair, but wasn't sure if that was my best option. FWIW, I never need to move the car seat, cost isn't an issue and space isn't necessarily an issue (we only have 2 car seats in middle row, with booster in 3rd row).

What do you think - Frontier or something different?

Thanks in advance!

KrisM
11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd buy a Frontier for the older child and use it as a booster. Hand it down when the Regent expires and buy a dedicated booster for the older child then.

3isEnough
11-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you for the prompt reply!

I hadnt considered the option you suggested, but it sounds great. Is there a reason why I should use it as a booster with my 6yo vs 5pt harness? He doesnt fight me on the 5pt, so we can do whatever is safest for him.

Thanks!

KrisM
11-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Thank you for the prompt reply!

I hadnt considered the option you suggested, but it sounds great. Is there a reason why I should use it as a booster with my 6yo vs 5pt harness? He doesnt fight me on the 5pt, so we can do whatever is safest for him.

Thanks!

No big reason. At age 6, he's old enough for a booster, most likely. Harness is fine though. Both are safe, as long as he sits properly in a booster. I like moving my kids to booster around age 6 because they start to ride with friends more and moving a booster to another car is easy. DS1 moved just over 6 and needs reminding at times, but mostly sits just fine. DD will move this spring just before she turns 6, as we have expiring seats too. I don't need to hand one to DS2, as he just got a new Frontier because of an accident. He'll be good in that forever!

3isEnough
11-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Got it! Thank you very much Kris, i appreciate your help and am off to buy a Frontier.