PDA

View Full Version : I bought something! And where to find work pants?

AbbysMom
11-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I posted in another forum Sunday after trying on everything in ON and not finding a single thing to buy.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=417001

I went to the Loft a couple weeks ago but decided to try again today with the 40% off. I tried on 3 armfuls of clothes - nothing! As I was leaving, I saw a mannequin with jeans I liked. I hunted them down, tried them on, and realized they are made for 7 foot tall model - way too long! The salesgirl got me the same jeans, one size up in the petite section and they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who knew at 5'7 I would be wearing petites? Tried on tons more petite styles to try to find work pants and struck out but so happy I found SOMETHING I like! May the floodgates open!

DH was aghast I bought $70 jeans but I figure if I buy jeans once every 5 years, I can spend that much :)

Now - any thoughts on where to look for work pants? I would like something washable and not wide leg.

crl
11-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Hooray! $70 for jeans that fit and flatter is a good deal, IMO!

I'm out of the work clothes loop so I'm not much help there.

Catherine

ETA oh, I think Eddie Bauer might have work pants that are washable, maybe look at their website?

abh5e8
11-23-2011, 12:06 AM
did you check the name of the style jeans from loft? they have lots of dress pants in the same styles...check online, too. when you find something that works, buy them all up :)

Katigre
11-23-2011, 01:11 AM
I really like The Limited - www.thelimited.com. You might also like Banana Republic since their sizes run big and you could definitely wear their regular sized line without trying to make plus work (size 14 is a really hard size b/c you're right on the border between regular and plus so neither one fits well, yk?)

kozachka
11-25-2011, 04:22 AM
Tell your DH that you are investing in basics and that in terms of cents per wear $70 is nothing for a pair of jeans, and certainly cheaper than therapy or divorce. Seriously, you should buy the best foundational items (e.g. black pants, jeans, jacket) for your wardrobe that you can afford. If you still have ON git card, I'd check out Banana Republic and GAP next. If you have time to browse, check out Marshall's and TJ Maxx, I buy my Lucky Jeans for $35 or less there and occasionally have lucked out with Calvin Klein, Theory items for work. They are also great for nice bras (e.g. Walcoa, Natori, Chantelle) to help you look even better in your new tops/ dresses.

It depends on the dress code at your work, but if it's more business then casual like mine, then you might not be able to find good machine washable pants. All my work pants are dry clean only, but I wear them multiple times and only pay $2 per item to have them cleaned at an out of the way shop, so it's not too expensive IMO. Clothes also tend to look better and last longer when dry cleaned. I had a pair of black BR pants that I washed in machine and they faded pretty quickly.

citymama
11-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Good for you!:applause: