PDA

View Full Version : Ergo deal?

bostonsmama
11-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Anyone know if this might be a BF or holiday weekend special anywhere. DD is 1, but I just tried her in my SIL's yesterday and is was heavenly!! How have I not known this???

BabyBearsMom
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Don't know about deals but it is still worth buying at 1. My DD is a huge 19 month old and we still back carry her and she still loves it. Best carrier IMO

Melaine
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Does the Ergo only face in? Are your older kids ok not facing outwards?

amldaley
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I seldom see deals on Ergo in general. Limited Costco's had them a few months ago. Several websites diso**** unpopular colors and sell customer returns at a discounted rate. But in general, I rarely see them at screaming deals en masse.

Google Ergo sale and a couple of sites come up.

Melaine
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I think Babysteals has had them...or one of those places. But you probably don't want to wait...

BabyBearsMom
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Does the Ergo only face in? Are your older kids ok not facing outwards?

DD, 19 mo, couldn't care less about not facing out. She likes snuggling in. When we back carry, she likes to tickle DH's neck while she rides and gives him lots of kisses on the back. And if she wants to look out she just looks to the side. Usually the motion of the carrier will put her to sleep. I don't think that out facing carriers with a heavier kid are very good for you back.

ang79
11-23-2011, 11:50 AM
If you don't mind a gently used one, check out the FSOT boards at diaperswappers.com and thebabywearer.com, I've seen some Ergos for sale recently. Not discounted much from retail but they last a really long time and hold their value I think. Just make sure to ask if the seller bought it from a reputable dealer as there has been some talk recently about Ergo knockoffs that are sold on Ebay and they are hard to tell from the real thing lookswise but quality is very bad, so I've heard.

Babysteals does have them occasionally too in the discontinued colors.

cutlerj
11-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Just saw this on my F/B page.

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/black-friday/

Hope it helps you! I have a 19 month old and she still loves being carried in our Ergo. This was one of my best baby purchases!

Melaine
11-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Hope it helps you! I have a 19 month old and she still loves being carried in our Ergo. This was one of my best baby purchases!

Ooooh thanks!

ang79
11-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I'd also HIGHLY recommend the Boba for those with older babies and toddlers. I used an Action Baby Carrier and Ergo when my DD2 was little but by 1.5 yrs. (she was a tiny 1.5 year old!) she was arching her back while in the carrier on my back and it caused a lot of neck strain for me. I then got a Boba and it provides a deeper seat and is a bit taller to hold bigger kids and I thought it was wonderful! As easy to use as the Ergo but more comfortable! I had the 2G, which is now discounted on many sites because they just came out with a 3G. I think its recommended for babies 6 mos. and up (but double check that for sure! I know its a bit too big for itty bitty babies, though the newest version may be different). So if you want a carrier that will last you longer, go for the Boba!

bostonsmama
11-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Oooo, thanks! If I don't see a good deal on the swappers board, this is what I'll use! Yay!

OKKiddo
11-23-2011, 01:59 PM

I believe Frogmama.com also has gently used and even embellished ergo's for sale.

ETA: She doesn't have ERGO's on her site, but lots of other choices like Boba's and Beco's etc. I am a Beco lover. We have both the Ergo and the Beco and my hubby prefers the Ergo and I prefer the Beco. I have the older 4th generation Beco with dual adjusting straps but I have rented the new Becos (gemini and butterfly) from PAX Baby to try out. I was very happy and comfortable with both of those but I hated the added thickness in the carrier. I live in a hot humid area and I rented during the summer heat so both of those got turned down based on that reason. I did have a Yamo in storage that I pulled out and used in the summer instead because it's much thinner than the Becos even but it's not AS comfortable (but only by a smidge).

So, there you go, carrier overload. :)

OKKiddo
11-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd also HIGHLY recommend the Boba for those with older babies and toddlers. I used an Action Baby Carrier and Ergo when my DD2 was little but by 1.5 yrs. (she was a tiny 1.5 year old!) she was arching her back while in the carrier on my back and it caused a lot of neck strain for me. I then got a Boba and it provides a deeper seat and is a bit taller to hold bigger kids and I thought it was wonderful! As easy to use as the Ergo but more comfortable! I had the 2G, which is now discounted on many sites because they just came out with a 3G. I think its recommended for babies 6 mos. and up (but double check that for sure! I know its a bit too big for itty bitty babies, though the newest version may be different). So if you want a carrier that will last you longer, go for the Boba!

You can get boba's at Frogmama.com and I believe she has gently used carriers as well as embellished carriers. Lots to choose from on her site. :)

sujathas
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Thank you! I was looking to buy a newborn insert-- 25% off with free shipping makes it a buy!

brittone2
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
DS2 spends a lot of time in the Ergo still. We've been using the back carry almost exclusively for a very long time now. He's 20 months.

I love having him contained. It helps me get things done, help the other kids while HSing, etc. We use it in the grocery store and while out and about. FOr me it is much easier than chasing him, and he isn't happy to sit in the stroller for that long.

He loves snuggling into DH's back...nice and warm there this time of the year!

It isn't too late!

mommylamb
11-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I just posted a thread on this, but baby on the run (www.babyontherun.com) has 21% off anything site wide with code BBCHEAP21. Family just used it to buy me a mountain buggy, which is usually not included in sales. I bet it works for ergos too. They have ergos for $105, so subtract 21% from that.

twotimesblue
11-24-2011, 01:48 AM
looking for a Boba deal for my 20-month-old DS... we LOVE the Beco Gemini but he's a big boy (34lbs) and near the weight limit! He still wants to go in the carrier a lot so time to upgrade. If anyone sees a BF deal I'd be grateful!