PDA

View Full Version : Another shout out for g-mama's chicken dumpling soup

boolady
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Wow. I made this yesterday and we loved it. Even DH, who is usually lukewarm on dumplings, thought it was fantastic. I made a recipe and a half so that I could take some to my grandfather when we see him this weekend and we still have some leftovers for tonight. I saved the dumplings separately so they didn't turn to mush for tonight. Thanks, Kristen!

Melaine
11-23-2011, 11:21 AM
YUM. Where can I find this recipe?

boolady
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
YUM. Where can I find this recipe?

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=384245&highlight=dumpling

It's the 8th post in this thread. I usually feel the need to fiddle with recipes, but I made this exactly as Kristen's recipe said, and it was fantastic.

hellokitty
11-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Oooooh, thanks fOr the reminder. This will be the perfect way to use up leftover turkey!

jerigirl
11-28-2011, 09:59 PM
I made this soup tonight. It was excellent. DS1 who is extremely picky even ate it!!! Yum!

tylersmama
11-29-2011, 12:09 AM
Yep. Turkey and dumpling soup for us tonight, and it was dee-lish! My dumplings even turned out right this time. :D DS liked it, although for some weird reason he didn't like the dumplings. Or the onions. ("I like it all except two things." Oh...and "I like the dumplings, just not very much." :rolleyes:)

He gave me approval to make it again, so that's saying something for him!

hellokitty
11-29-2011, 12:54 AM
I made it tonight too and it was wonderful! I love that it is a brothy type of soup vs. the cream style that most chicken and dumpling recipes are. It's definitely a keeper and I love the extra layer of flavor from the sage and thyme!