PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Monster for Kinect?

BillK
11-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone buy this yet? Reviews look good.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/sesame-street-once-upon-a-monster-video-review?objectid=100619

elektra
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM
No but we just got the Disneyland one, and I thought it was pretty fun. I did a short review in the Toys and Games forum.
If you are into Disney at all I would check it out.

The Sesame Street one looks fun too, but no BTDT experience for you.

larig
11-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for posting, DS will love it. this is one more reason for us to get the family a kinect for xmas. Not to hijack, billk, but do you have any recs which one we should be getting. It is unlikely we will want to play online, if that matters.

BillK
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
You mean the 4gb or 250gb version Xbox 360? There's only 1 Kinect.

BayGirl2
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I've been wondering about the game too. We have Kinnect already but don't use it much, we rarely even watch TV. DS has never used it.

Wondering if the Monster game is fun and what age its good for.

BayGirl2
11-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks for posting, DS will love it. this is one more reason for us to get the family a kinect for xmas. Not to hijack, billk, but do you have any recs which one we should be getting. It is unlikely we will want to play online, if that matters.

Hard drive (HDD) size is the major difference, I think. The HDD would really only be used if you are downloading extra games and movies. You can use it somewhat like a DVR. If you don't need that feature (ie you have Tivo or a DVD player that does that) then you could go with the smaller HDD.

ellies mom
11-23-2011, 03:11 PM
That looks fun! I wonder if DD2 would like that. We bought the Kinect stuff last year but our living room is just a touch too small so the girls tend to wander out of the "viewing area" and then get frustrated. The husband found a zoom lens that is supposed to help with that though so we are considering a few more games for Christmas.

wildfire
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Amazon had it on sale for $24.99 so it is on its way. I plan to use it as a stocking stuffer so I won't have a review right away. I've seen demos, though, and it looks absolutely adorable. The reviews I have read is that it is short but replayable and kids seem to really like it.

lowrioh
11-23-2011, 04:36 PM
ETA: you just beat me too it. :)

it's $24.99 on Amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Once-Monster-Xbox-360/dp/B004OCK9KG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322080499&sr=8-1

wildfire
11-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Hard drive (HDD) size is the major difference, I think. The HDD would really only be used if you are downloading extra games and movies. You can use it somewhat like a DVR. If you don't need that feature (ie you have Tivo or a DVD player that does that) then you could go with the smaller HDD.

The Xbox with the 4GB uses a flash drive and doesn't have a hard drive. But you can add one later. If you're not going to download media, I would start with the 4GB and if you have so many saved games that you need the extra space, add a HD later. I just added the 250GB drive to ours, mainly because I was downloading extra songs for Dance Central 2. :)

larig
11-24-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the help, everyone. If the HD is something we can add later, that's perfect. Good to be able to start slow. Now to find a good deal...I know there have been some threads...is it wrong I already ordered the game before the system!?

wildfire
11-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the help, everyone. If the HD is something we can add later, that's perfect. Good to be able to start slow. Now to find a good deal...I know there have been some threads...is it wrong I already ordered the game before the system!?

Adding the HD is suuuuuuper easy. Turn it off, open the hatch, drop it in, close the hatch, turn it back on. The hardest part was figuring out how to open the hatch! Nothing to hook up or cables to connect.

Around this time of year you can usually get the bundle for a good price, although sometimes it is close to regular price but with an Amazon gift card or something. I know I have seen them advertised.

larig
11-25-2011, 04:47 AM
Adding the HD is suuuuuuper easy. Turn it off, open the hatch, drop it in, close the hatch, turn it back on. The hardest part was figuring out how to open the hatch! Nothing to hook up or cables to connect.

Around this time of year you can usually get the bundle for a good price, although sometimes it is close to regular price but with an Amazon gift card or something. I know I have seen them advertised.

thanks! I just scored one of the 4gig (thanks Brittone2) for $199 at amazon!