PDA

View Full Version : Lump got bigger

hillview
11-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I have had a lump in my right breast for 7 years. I have had follow up exams and mamograms and it has been fine. I had a fine needle extraction recently and they said nothing to worry about.

Last night I work up in the middle of the night and the lump is at least 2x its original size. It has been MAYBE 6 weeks since I last saw a doc about it (at Mass Genereal Avon Breast Center). I got AF today so I am hoping this is the cause. We are on vacation so will call tomorrow to make an appointment for asap next week.

Any thoughts or BTDT?

Twoboos
11-24-2011, 09:53 PM
No btdt but just wanted to send hugs. And of course on vacation.

I hope it all turns out all right!

wellyes
11-24-2011, 10:12 PM
It's probably AF. Really.
Sucks to have to go through this tonight - I'm sorry.

WatchingThemGrow
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
P&PT coming your way. Worrying about it right now only makes you anxious. Just go ahead with what you have going on and see the MD next week. Hugs to you!

Tondi G
11-27-2011, 02:57 AM
how long ago did you have the fine needle extraction? Could it possibly have gotten infected? Hopefully it's just AF causing the problem and that it's nothing to worry about. HUGS

citymama
11-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Major P&PT coming your way. What was the result of the extraction? Did they say it's a fluid filled cyst? If so, it could have filled up again, and the size may go up and down depending on your cycle. I had one of those (although mine turned out to be a hard mass/fibroid and was removed) and it would get so much more sore when I had AF. Keep us posted.

elektra
11-27-2011, 03:50 AM
Pt for you. Hope it's nothing!

hillview
11-27-2011, 09:27 AM
The extraction was maybe 6 months ago and it came back normal. I don't know if it was fluid filled/can fill back up as the NP didn't mention that. I called Friday but they were closed so will call tomorrow. I am less freaked now for whatever reason. THANKS ALL!

SnuggleBuggles
11-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Thinking of you! GL!!!

Beth

mommylamb
11-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I hope you can get in ASAP just to make sure, but you're probably right that it's not anything really dangerous. PT.

khalloc
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
My mom had to have cysts drained in her breasts twice. Hopefully its just that.

MommyofAmaya
11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Hope you are feeling better about this. Have you been able to get in to see the doc?

jren
12-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have a huge BTDT! I had a lump for over 20 years, same size, "benign" lump they said. Then I noticed it had suddenly doubled in size and it seemed it was still growing. They did a mammogram and U/S. And then advised surgery to remove it. It was just a fibroadenoma, but it was huge. Likely grew b/c of hormonal shifts due to my age (41). but at that size they recommended removal as it was distorting my breast and making wearing a bra difficult. It was the size of a lemon by the time I got it out. It started at about an inch diameter. So, pretty rapid growth. Surgery was a breeze and I'm really glad it's out now.

From all the research I did prior to the dx, everything pointed to a fibroadenoma - just b/c of how long it had been there and it's mobility/size, and then growing the way it did.

hillview
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have a huge BTDT! I had a lump for over 20 years, same size, "benign" lump they said. Then I noticed it had suddenly doubled in size and it seemed it was still growing. They did a mammogram and U/S. And then advised surgery to remove it. It was just a fibroadenoma, but it was huge. Likely grew b/c of hormonal shifts due to my age (41). but at that size they recommended removal as it was distorting my breast and making wearing a bra difficult. It was the size of a lemon by the time I got it out. It started at about an inch diameter. So, pretty rapid growth. Surgery was a breeze and I'm really glad it's out now.

From all the research I did prior to the dx, everything pointed to a fibroadenoma - just b/c of how long it had been there and it's mobility/size, and then growing the way it did.

Thanks. I think this is me. I am 40. The lump got smaller after my period passed. I need to call the doc but have been putting it off. SIGH. Thanks for posting and thanks to everyone for your support!

DrSally
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm glad it's gotten smaller! I would folloow up just for peace of mind.

wencit
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
The lump got smaller after my period passed. That's good news! Hopefully it's no big deal.