PDA

View Full Version : Feeling awful...

prissy1173
11-25-2011, 11:26 AM
I was on the Mirena for 6 years and had it pulled in October during an ED visit. At that time, my new health insurance came through and I had my new OBGYN order me a IUD. Well he would not place it until I had a Pap.

Had the Pap. It was bad so I had the colposcopy. That was fine. Now I have to wait yet another week to get it placed. I am angry as I can be. This has taken way too long.
Nearly two months. Since they have my device i feel like my hands are tied. I feel like the absence of the iud is affecting my mental health too. I am tired, agitated and weepy
What is happening to me

almostmom
11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
So sorry you're feeling so funky. It sucks to not be in control, and of something so personal and important. Hang in there - you'll get it soon.

new_mommy25
11-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. :hug: I hope you can get your Mirena back soon. Sometimes the medical field can be so frustrating.

I completely understand the yucky feelings. I had mine pulled earlier this year and a new one put in that day. Even though there was no transition period of no Mirena, I still felt awful for several months. I think my body had to transition to the new Mirena and new surge of hormones. I was breaking out, super crabby...just a mess. I almost got my Mirena removed but decided to give it a few more weeks and my body did finally right itself again.