PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the Smurfs movie or the Muppets?

gatorsmom
11-26-2011, 01:32 PM
We are deciding on a movie to see today. Anyone have any feedback about the Muppets or the Smurfs? DH and i would rather see the Muppets but the kids would rather see the smurfs. I'm not sure I can stomach 2 hours of that music la la la la la la, or their voices. LOL. Is it as bad as that??

kwc
11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Haven't seen Smurfs but The Muppets was very funny. Our 5 and 8 year olds loved it (and they are easily frightenened), and DH and I did too. They also enjoyed Arthur Christmas which might be a bit more scary (but fine for our kids).

jenfromnj
11-26-2011, 02:12 PM
We just saw the Muppets and DH, DS (who is 2.5) and I all really liked it. It had enough action and musical numbers to keep DS happy, but a cute story and a lot of funny cultural references and in jokes to satisfy adults and older kids. We were pleasantly surprised that our very active DS sat for 1.5 hours.

My only warning would be that there are a LOT of previews, then a Toy Story short, so it's a good 30 minutes before the actual movie starts. Thankfully he theater we went to had lots of games and posters in the lobby, so we kept DS busy til the movie was about to start. I know your kiddos are a bit older though, so you may be past tha point.

amldaley
11-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Is The Smurfs still in theaters?????

We saw it a few months ago when DD had just turned 3. She really enjoyed it, though I wish I had known that there was so much drama and fighting in it. We didn't think it was Oscar material, but we didn't hate it either.

There is way less of the la la la la la la singing than you would think.

StantonHyde
11-26-2011, 05:58 PM
DH was ready to be comitted after taking the kids to the Smurfs!!! I took them to the Muppets yesterday and enjoyed it.

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Ds1, dh and I really, really liked the Muppet Movie. Ds2 spent the whole time asking if it was almost over.

Beth

marit
11-26-2011, 10:58 PM
OK, I guess I'm in he minority here... I saw both films and thought they were both... not so good. If I had to pick one I would go by the surfs, but just by a little.

I did enjoy, use in boots though. It was SO funny, I had a really good time.