PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning humidifiers?

Pinky
11-26-2011, 09:11 PM
It's that time of year again... We got out the humidifier for our DDs room last night because she has been sick.

How do you guys clean your humidifier and how often do you clean it?

I clean ours once a week with a little bit of bleach in the reservoir to soak and then I rinse it out. Haven't figured out how to get rid of the mineral deposits though.

nmosur
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I use vinegar to clean mine - it seems to do a good job. I am looking into buying the ones that don't require any cleaning. Costco has one now that can be used for both cool mist and warm steam AND doesn't require cleaning!

Pinky
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
I use vinegar to clean mine - it seems to do a good job. I am looking into buying the ones that don't require any cleaning. Costco has one now that can be used for both cool mist and warm steam AND doesn't require cleaning!
Wow. I didn't even know they made ones that didn't require cleaning... wonder what keeps mold/bacteria from growing in them?

nmosur
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
This is the one that I am looking into buying. Much cheaper at Costco. The product description mentions something about "silver clean technology" that keeps it clean. I am sure that there is something that needs cleaning once a while but as long as it is not daily/weekly, I think its awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Guardian-H4500-Ultrasonic-Humidifier/dp/B00446IPB2/ref=sr_1_13?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1322411673&sr=1-13