PDA

View Full Version : Splendid fans: beware of fakes on eBay!

citymama
11-27-2011, 02:57 AM
I've been buying Splendid clothing for years and have the styles down pretty well. I've been noticing a lot of NWOT Splendid popping up on eBay - some sellers with hundreds of pieces in my size - and I figured I'd give it a try. Big savings. Even cheaper than amazon, def cheaper than Nordies, styles I recognize, in my size and colors. I ordered two items from one seller (not sure I can name him here, but he stocks tons of Splendid). S/He very promptly sent my combined shipping total and shipped me the items. They arrived today and they're utter fakes. The tags and care label are authentic Splendid, that's for sure. But the fabric on one, the basic crew neck tee so many of us have, listed as 50% Pima cotton, 50% modal, is clearly not Splendid fabric. It's yucky and cheap spandex. And the supposedly modal/cotton wrap sweater is (shudder) velour! The pics he had included and fabrics listed on his listing were not the items I got.

Wtf? What does one do in this situation? Should I write to him or just open a complaint?

Please beware of buying Splendid on eBay, especially if you're unfamiliar with the brand! I'd much rather pay a little more and buy from a reputed seller. Lesson learned!

citymama
11-29-2011, 02:21 AM
No replies to this so I'm bumping it. The seller wrote back to me to say return it to him. How am I guaranteed he will refund me the item cost plus original shipping? Should I go through the eBay disputes center, just to be safe? Thanks for any help with this.

elektra
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
That sucks. I am not a frequent ebay buyer so I'm not sure how to handle.

viba424
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
It doesnt surprise me anymore what scammers are willing to counterfeit. Yuckos

mom2binsd
11-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Report the item to ebay, you can file a SNAD, significantly not as described, and I think there is a place to say that the item is not authentic...or contact ebay via email.

If he's selling a lot you should also alert Splendid corporate, their security/trademark dept would be happy to shut him down.

corky888
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
I've done it either way...filed with ebay and sent back stuff at the sellers expense. You may want to file a dispute so that you can leave feedback without impunity so that others can be made aware that he has fakes.