PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have a Nespresso or DeLonghi espresso maker?

gatorsmom
11-27-2011, 05:40 AM
An espresso maker is on my Christmas wishlist. I've gotten a couple of excellent reviews of these from friends.

If you have one, which model do you have and do you have any complaints?

BeachBum
11-27-2011, 07:36 AM
We've had ours since 2008. No problems and we still LOVE it. We have the lattissima (the one that froths milk).
I'm very please with the quality of the coffee. When we were shopping I had totally ruled out all "pod" machines because of coffee quality. The guy at William Sonoma convinced me to try it anyway and I'm so glad I did.

ourbabygirl
11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
DH has a Nespresso and seems to really like it. The pods that you order for it are pretty expensive, but he loves the quality and ease of it (though our frother doesn't work anymore, so he just microwaves the milk to make a latte).
He had a friend who has a Nespresso and he sold DH on it.
Wish I liked coffee, but I do love the smell of espresso in the kitchen! :)

n2ou
11-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I have a Delonghi 3300 Magnifica - not a pod espresso maker but a super automatic.

It's my baby. Every day I love/praise it for the wonderful coffee and frothed milk it makes.

I have had mine for over two years and it is holding up great.

Hth

egoldber
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I've had a Nespresso for a few years. It isn't a "real" espresso maker, but I love the convenience. It isn't good enough for DH ;) but it's fine for me. The pods are expensive, but I buy several months worth at a time so that I only pay the shipping once.

legaleagle
11-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Not exactly what you asked, but DH loves his jura capresso. Not sure how they compare price wise but we've had several of their refurbished machines and they've all worked perfectly. Our current on is the ENA4 (http://www.1stincoffee.com/refurbished-ena4.htm), great coffee and the machine has a really small footprint. Only downside is the water reservoir is on the small side, though if you don't drink 16oz of coffee at a time like my DH, not such an issue.

oneplustwo
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM
DH got me a De'Longhi BAR32 Retro pump espresso maker as a Christmas gift three years ago. It's worked great for us; never caused us any problems. We go through bouts of drinking multiple espressos a day from it for months at a time, then periods of drinking only tea or using a stove-top espresso maker (so the De'Longhi is in the cabinet unused for a stretch of time). Currently I'm using the De'Longhi every day. :) DH got it using some credit card points, and we're actually surprised it turned out to be so nice.

http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-BAR32-Retro-Espresso-Cappuccino/dp/B0002A3S66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322408436&sr=8-3

While the machine can take pods (and it came with a few Illy pods that were quite good, IIRC), we usually use Bustelo Supreme ground coffee for it.

arivecchi
11-27-2011, 12:33 PM
We've had ours since 2008. No problems and we still LOVE it. We have the lattissima (the one that froths milk).
I'm very please with the quality of the coffee. When we were shopping I had totally ruled out all "pod" machines because of coffee quality. The guy at William Sonoma convinced me to try it anyway and I'm so glad I did.Link please!

gatorsmom
11-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm very please with the quality of the coffee. When we were shopping I had totally ruled out all "pod" machines because of coffee quality. The guy at William Sonoma convinced me to try it anyway and I'm so glad I did.

Some of the reviews on Amazon say that the Latissimas consistently provide a lukewarm cup of coffee. Have you found this to be true?

Tondi G
11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I've had a Nespresso for a few years. It isn't a "real" espresso maker, but I love the convenience. It isn't good enough for DH ;) but it's fine for me. The pods are expensive, but I buy several months worth at a time so that I only pay the shipping once.

My sister has a Nespresso as well! She said the same about the "pods" being expensive but they buy a bunch all at once and save on shipping. I will admit that is makes a nice cup of coffee!

BeachBum
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Some of the reviews on Amazon say that the Latissimas consistently provide a lukewarm cup of coffee. Have you found this to be true?

Nope.
We had another machine (not nespresso but Delonghi) that we returned for that reason.

BeachBum
11-29-2011, 07:07 AM
saw this pop up on slick deals this morning...don't know if it is actually "new" or not though because I havent' been tracking prices
"

Nespresso machines at Williams and Sonoma
Separated out from the sur la table tag just in case since the sur la table website is down.

williams and sonoma prices (free shipping at least until tonight)
Pixie: 149.95
Citiz: 169.97
Citiz + milk 209.97
Essenza 119.97
Essenza + milk 149.97

Delonghi latissima plus is currently not on sale at W&S. Occasionally on sale at Amazon depending on the color.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/se...ewset=ecom

Go to www.nespressorewards.com for the $75 nespresso coffee credit after you buy. I think it even applies to purchases off of amazon.
"