PDA

View Full Version : Dumb artificial tree question about height

mom2binsd
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
So if the tree is 7.5 feet tall, is that the height from the stand to the tip top or the from where the tree starts (meaning does the height include the stand)?

We have 8' ceilings, and lots of space for a tree, I like the tree top to be right at the ceiling, we usually put a bow on the top tip on the front of the tip so don't need much clearance, but it seems like I'll end up with a 7.5 foot tree.

sarahsthreads
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
We have 8' ceilings and bought a 7.5' tree and it actually scraped the ceiling. (8' I believe actually means from subfloor to ceiling jousts. In reality it's a few inches less if you measure from finished floor to finished ceiling.) We wound up replacing it with a 6.5' tree because we put an angel on top of ours and we had to bend the poor top of the tree sideways and have the angel looming over the living room that year. :ROTFLMAO:

So, long-winded way of saying the tree height is measured from the bottom of the base to the top of the tree branches, and check to be sure you actually have 8' of clearance from your carpet/flooring to your ceiling!

Sarah :)

mom2binsd
11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I just measured and we do have 8' from carpet to ceiling, so I guess 7.5 feet is the way to go.

Thanks!