PDA

View Full Version : Turkey and dumpling soup!!

twowhat?
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
OMG! Perfect Thanksgiving leftover recipe: replace g-mama's chick n dumpling soup with TURKEY!

1) turkey bones - toss in pot with water and leftover aromatics to make stock.

2) turkey is already sliced up from Thanksgiving. Chop and toss in pot!

3) shred carrots (leftover aromatics) and chop onion (leftover aromatic)

4) use up leftover sour cream (used in twice-baked potatoes) I even used up extra chives to make chive dumplings:)

5) toss in leftover fresh herbs - a few sprigs of thyme and few leaves of sage

:love-retry:

Now, if only my kids would eat it.

wallawala
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh that looks SOOOO good!

I just chopped the last of the turkey to freeze until I had time to make soup... looks like this is my answer!!!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-28-2011, 12:47 AM
this is awesome. i am going to try to do this. have so much leftover turkey.

whenever i make the dumpling soup, my ds won't eat the dumplings. he will eat a bit of the shredded chicken but not a lot. so i usually put the soup in a straw cup (or regular cup) and he just drinks it...he will down a ton that way. i figure a good portion of the chicken is well-shredded and somewhat dissolved in the broth itself, so at least that way he can consume some chicken/protein.

twowhat?
11-28-2011, 11:10 AM
whenever i make the dumpling soup, my ds won't eat the dumplings. he will eat a bit of the shredded chicken but not a lot. so i usually put the soup in a straw cup (or regular cup) and he just drinks it...he will down a ton that way. i figure a good portion of the chicken is well-shredded and somewhat dissolved in the broth itself, so at least that way he can consume some chicken/protein.

Hmmm, I will have to try that. The carrots is what gets them - they WILL NOT eat carrots and they know there are shredded carrots in there. Hahaha.

g-mama
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Yum! What a great idea. I think I know what I'm making this week with my leftover turkey. :)

HonoluluMom
11-28-2011, 01:48 PM
It looks sooo delicious! It's actually a bit chilly here in Honolulu (about 70 degrees :)), so soup sounds like it'll hit the spot.