PDA

View Full Version : Gift recommendations for active 3 year old boy?

s7714
11-28-2011, 01:59 AM
My nephew will be 3 next month so I'm looking for birthday gift ideas. He's full of energy as most 3 year old boys are, but there's a new baby in the house, so his mom needs things that keep him exert energy. (They're a military family, so things that don't take up a lot of room when moving would be helpful as well.) Price wise I'll say up to $100 max.

Any BTDT gift recommendations from moms of 3 year old boys? TIA!

Charlie
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
How about a mini kick scooter? It's under $100, good for burning energy and is pretty small and light.

khalloc
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
My son is 3 and loves his mini-kick scooter. It took him a while to get the hang of it, but he loves it. If he is somewhere where the weather will allow him to use that at Xmas it would make a great gift.

kijip
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I would go with something they can store outside- scooter or bike or perhaps something he can use outside- skates. Good high energy toys. My near 3 year old is super into sports and loves the kid t-ball stuff and the basketball hoops when he sees them at other homes.

s7714
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
A mini scooter is a good idea, but I'm not sure if he has one. I'll have to ask.

I was thinking about one of those grow with me basketball hoop things, but was concerned that it would be a pain to move with as you'd have to empty the sand out of the base before moving it.

ahisma
11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Another vote here for the mini kick. My very active 3 yo DS loves it!

I think you can fill bases with water not sand now, can't you? Also, don't most military families get moved by movers now? Maybe that would be a non-issue.

Also, not an energy burner but a great attention keeper - magna-tiles.