PDA

View Full Version : After Regent HBB or NBB booster

mom2binsd
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
So DD's shoulders are just about even with the top straps on the Regent...boo hoo, just love her Cougar Regent.

She is 8.5/50lbs and rides in a Frontier in booster mode in IL's car.

The Monterey didn't work for us, am wondering if the Turbo in HBB mode will be tall enough for her. Locally we have Target, Walmart and TRU/BRU. Am wondering if it makes sense to get the Harmony NBB that everyone suggests.

I plan to move the Frontier to my car and buy an inexpensive booster for IL's car (a 97 Buick, only rides for short distances, no sleeping).

I'll also need to replace her Regent in XH's car, although with the recline in his seats she may still have a bit more time.

Joolsplus2
11-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Turbo might be tall enough, check it out on her somewhere?
Is there a headrest in the Buick? If her head is above the top of the seat, then she needs a tall highback (Monterey, Parkway)

mom2binsd
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Can she use a NBB booster in the Buick if her head is above the seatback (I don't believe there are headrests). I hate to spend almost 100.00 on a seat she rides in maybe once a month for 15 min. I happened to see a Turbo HBB at Menards tonight for 29.99 (it was in the plumbing dept...they have the strangest stuff there). I figure it will probably work for her in XH's Durango, and if not DS who is 5.5 needs a HBB for playdates etc...he is normally in a Frontier but it's too much too ask other parents to use it and he is now 40lbs so we'll do some booster training.

mom2binsd
11-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Can she use a NBB booster in the Buick if her head is above the seatback (I don't believe there are headrests). I hate to spend almost 100.00 on a seat she rides in maybe once a month for 15 min.

I happened to see a Turbo HBB at Menards tonight for 29.99 (it was in the plumbing dept...they have the strangest stuff there).

I figure it will probably work for her in XH's Durango, and if not DS who is 5.5 needs a HBB for playdates etc...he is normally in a Frontier but it's too much to ask other parents to use it and he is now 40lbs so we'll do some booster training.

Joolsplus2
11-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Well, everybody needs whiplash support, you never know when some dimwit will rear end you. It's possible the harmony booster at walmart is low-profile enough her head won't be over the top of the seatback too much...? (everyone's heads needs something behind them up to at least the level of your eyes/tops of your ears). Funny place to find a Turbo, what a score!

mom2binsd
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
The Turbo I found is also pretty nice, it's the Wander Fashion (black, silver with a blue/green piping).

And YES I WILL PUT IN THE SCREWS....

I may go get another one as the 29.99 really can't be beat and it will be needed soon.

Thanks for the info on whiplash risk.

Joolsplus2
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah, I like that cover :)