PDA

View Full Version : Air Hogs?

MeISOE
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
My almost 4 Yo said he wanted a flying helicopter. I'm assuming this is what an Air Hog is although I haven't looked closely. Any deals? Are these ok for smaller kids with adult help/sypervision?

Having to shop for both sons birthdays and Christmas this month so discounts are appreciated!

vdrake71
11-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes, I would agree that this is what your son is asking for. My 7 year old has been asking for the one with the camera attach to it for the last few years and we have not bought it for him. One reason is that it really is a older kid toy. Also, when reading the reviews on Amazon it looks like you need to keep buying parts for the toy (blades). We have had lots of problems with remote control toys so he will not be getting any of these for awhile. I would recommend that you check out the Amazon reviews to see if any of the air hogs appeal to you.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-28-2011, 03:37 PM
instead of Air Hogs, get this
http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Red/dp/B004A8ZRBA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1322508859&sr=8-4

It's much better quality. They were $19.99 last week and some of them qualify to extend Amazon Mom.

THere is a smaller version too. These are MUCH easier to fly than Air Hogs. We had both brands out with the cousins over the holiday and they never got the Air Hogs off the ground without crashing, but everyone could fly this brand easily.

inmypjs
11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
DH has a Syma, and DS (7) has an Airhogs. DS's helicopter shoots little darts, which he really likes. I think the Syma is a little easier to fly, but DS has gotten the hang of the Air Hogs without a problem. The Syma blades are a little sharper on the edges too.

MeISOE
11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I had never heard of the Syma before, so I'm glad I opted to post. I'll likely look into easy remote controlled cars instead of flying objects this year, if I can find any. I think he may be young and would likely get frustrated if they aren't easy to fly. I had already bought several gifts over BF without asking what he wanted, so I feel this strange sense of obligation to get him something close to what was on his list to Santa since it is really his first year actively participating and forming memories of the holidays. And I'm a sucker for my kids and Christmas. :love-retry:

stillplayswithbarbies
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't think a 4YO could fly a remote control helicoptor. My 3YO thinks she is helping daddy fly it when she picks up any random toy and moves it around while she stares intently at the helicoptor that daddy is controlling. . .