PDA

View Full Version : PT advice. IS this ridiculous?

BabbyO
11-28-2011, 06:18 PM
DS1 is almost 2.5 yo. He's been going potty in the AM & PM (before and after bed) for a while. My maternity leave ends on Wed, but DH will be home for 2 more weeks. Given the number of times DS has told us he needs to go and the number of times he's had a dry diaper after a couple hours, I thought I'd give PTing a go today just to see where we're at.

I haven't done any research really, just read a few posts here over the last couple months. I decided that I'd take DS to the potty every hour. If he doesn't go after an hour, I set the timer for 30 min and we try again. We keep trying every 30 min until he goes, then I set the timer for 1 hr again.

So far today we've only had 1 accident and 4 or 5 successes. Does this schedule seem too frequent? Am I on the right path?

hillview
11-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow that is awesome! I'd say a home run!

Melaine
11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I think it sounds great! Far more progress than we had had at that point...

wellyes
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
He's doing great!

BabbyO
11-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Thank everyone. Final tally for the day is 6 successes, 2 accidents. I'm convinced we'd have only had 1 accident but he was being a bit naughty and needed a time out. When DH grabbed him to put him in time out, DS wet himself. The time out was warrented and DH wasn't overly harsh, but I think he surprised DS which led to the accident.

Just before dinner DS decided he'd had enough of the potty for the day (but he also didn't have a nap today) so it was back in diapers for dinner (probably for the best since he fell asleep eating!).