PDA

View Full Version : Tangoes Jr or Magnetic Mighty Mind?

Jai
11-29-2011, 02:20 AM
My almost 3 year old loves puzzles and shapes. Lately, he has been trying to form his shapes into objects (putting a circle on a rectangle for a "head" and "body." I think he would like one of these, but I am not sure which one to purchase. Opinions, please. Thank you.

vonfirmath
11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
My almost 3 year old loves puzzles and shapes. Lately, he has been trying to form his shapes into objects (putting a circle on a rectangle for a "head" and "body." I think he would like one of these, but I am not sure which one to purchase. Opinions, please. Thank you.

I just picked up Magnetic Mighty Mind for my 4 year old for Christmas and I'm a bit concerned he's too young for it, after looking at it.

At 2 he got the Melissa and DOug Magnetic Shapes toy and he LOVES that.

I also recently saw Imaginets and I think he'd love that even more -- maybe you could look into Imaginets?

GvilleGirl
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
LOVE the Mighty Mind! (We don't have the magnetic set so I have to help her keep the pieces in the right spot after she places them) I actually had it in my old classroom and my 2yo found it one day and we did it together. At 2.5 she can do about 15 cards with some help. She loves it.