PDA

View Full Version : Pants for older boys

lmwbasye
11-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Ugh! It's not even December and we've gone through 3 pairs of pants with holes in the knees for Liam. And this is for a kid whose favorite thing to do is play with office supplies (so not real tough on his pants). Anyway, we've always done Hanna but he's between sizes and I'm trying to find a cheaper brand that holds up decently. He WILL NOT wear jeans.

So...any suggestions? Or do I just make him wear jeans somehow?

TIA!

hillview
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Lands end climber pants ALL THE WAY.

liz
11-29-2011, 08:19 PM

:yeahthat: I have only tried the LE climber shorts, but the quality was awesome. Nice, thick soft fabric. They held up great for DS1 who is really tough on clothing. Plus, there are great reviews here and on LE. If the pants don't meet your standards you can always get a refund.

ett
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM

:yeahthat:

lmwbasye
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Well the only problem there is he doesn't like the waist on those and I can get Hanna for the same or cheaper.

Any other ideas?

Kindra178
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM

This. The climbers are nice because you can size up and tighten the belt. Btw, the climber jeans are first jeans DS1 has worn since he was one. He has the gray "army" pants too. Boden Track Pants are a new favorite for my in between size DS. They have a double knee. He needs the length of a 6y but can't keep them up so he is wearing 5y which are a touch too short but work ok, especially for things like gymnastics and bball.

ahisma
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Well the only problem there is he doesn't like the waist on those and I can get Hanna for the same or cheaper.

Any other ideas?

What kind of waist does he like?

DS1 loves the LE 5 pocket cords. They're OOS now, but these look nice for winter: http://www.landsend.com/pp/ClassicLinedCorduroyJeans~230100_1189.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::IR2&CM_MERCH=search-_-boys+Corduroy+Jeans&origin=search

I wait for sales / codes for LE purchases, they have plenty.