PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble finding Magformers

las710
11-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Our kids love their Magformers and have asked Santa for some this Christmas. Problem is I cannot find anything but the Cruiser sets online. Has anyone had luck finding them? Most places say they are out of stock and one place said they were expecting some in June of 2012. Ugh.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

wifecat
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
I heard from a local toy store owner that the owners of Magformers were a husband/wife team and they got a (messy) divorce, leaving the company in a bit of a stand still. She said no one would have them for Christmas and that Craigslist is your best bet.

I have nothing to verify this at all, but I have no reason to doubt the person who told me!

lil_acorn
11-29-2011, 11:18 PM
this site has some:
http://www.growingtreetoys.com/brand/magformers

my kids love these too! I bought them a few years ago from QVC but it looks like they're not available there anymore.

FYI - found another with with this statement: Because of manufacturing issues, the Magformers Cruisers are not available for the remainder of 2011.

ellas_mom
11-29-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd love to know too. :) My kids love Magformers and I agree that they are hard to find! Last year in early December, we searched all over the internet for the Extreme FX Set #63070 that is decently priced but most websites were either OOS or were really expensive. We ended up paying $120 shipped for it. :( If anyone knows where I can find a nice selection of these Magformers, I'd really appreciate it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-29-2011, 11:47 PM
I wonder if the Magna-tiles shortage is causing Magformers to sell out faster?

las710
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Unfortunately all the sets on Growing Tree show up as "Out of Stock". I'll keep you posted if I find anything.

Thanks!

bbbreader
12-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I was searching for them about 2 months ago and had a hard time finding them (b/c of manufacturing issues). But I did find some at Learning Express in Columbia, SC and had them shipped to me. It seemed like from the phone call that they had several different sets at that time but have no idea if they are still available there (or another Learning Express).

jacksmom0902
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
QVC has the construction set in stock as of this morning. Hope this helps.

abh5e8
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
i've been looking for them since the summer...no where to be found, except the big auction site. they are an awesome toy...still debating if the going bid is worth it or not.

hanaum02
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I heard from a local toy store owner that the owners of Magformers were a husband/wife team and they got a (messy) divorce, leaving the company in a bit of a stand still. She said no one would have them for Christmas and that Craigslist is your best bet.

I have nothing to verify this at all, but I have no reason to doubt the person who told me!

My Aunt heard the same thing about the husband/wife team when she went to look for these for my daughter. Funny - my aunt went to an independant toy store in Montgomery County, MD. I see you are from Maryland too - maybe the same store!

Michelle
DS 9/04
DD 10/07