PDA

View Full Version : Bus driver holiday gifts weirdness

Twoboos
11-30-2011, 12:12 PM
So here's our weird situation:

We moved within our town, but DDs have different buses. I gave the previous drivers gift cards before we moved, as a thank you/holiday gift.

Now - DDs have been riding the new buses for about 2 weeks. DD2's bus driver is going on maternity leave next week. I don't know for how long. There will obviously be a sub while she's out.

Sooooo.... Do I plan for gift cards for all three bus drivers?? (DD1's, DD2's current and DD2's sub.) We will have had DD2's current for 2.5 weeks, and the sub for about 3 weeks before vacation.

Why does this make my head hurt? I should just do all three. Does $25 seem too much/little??

katydid1971
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
I would just give a GC to the driver who will be there, not the one on mat leave or her sub. At the end of the year you can give her a GC. $25 seems like a lot to me but maybe I'm cheap. I give a $10 coffee card, what do others give?

mariza
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I think $10 is sufficient and I would do all 3.

hillview
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I would just give a GC to the driver who will be there, not the one on mat leave or her sub. At the end of the year you can give her a GC. $25 seems like a lot to me but maybe I'm cheap. I give a $10 coffee card, what do others give?
:yeahthat:

crl
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM

:yeahthat:

Catherine

new_mommy25
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM

Last year I bought cookies for the AM and PM bus drivers. They were about $8 each and nicely gift packaged in a clear zip tote from Sam's Club. I had DS write a nice note. The year before I did the $10 Starbucks card.