PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for nieces and nephews?

KrystalS
11-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I have no idea what to buy my brothers kids for Christmas. I really wish we could just stop exchanging gifts, I'm horrible I know. He has 3 kids and I never have a clue what to give them. I asked my SIL and she was no help at all. Basically told me what she and others were buying but no ideas for me. We rarely see them so I never see what they play with.

Any universal gifts for 8yo boy, 7yo and 4yo girls? I really don't want to do gift cards and would really like to keep it around the $15 range.

Charlie
11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
My first thought for the 4 year old and the 7 year old were Orb Factory Sticky Mosaics ("My First Sticky Mosaics" for the little one). They are about $10-$15 dollars.

hillview
11-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Stomp rockets? Books?

new_mommy25
12-13-2011, 02:41 AM
There are lots of different Lego kits available in the $15 range.

My kids LOVE stuffed animals but I realize that's not for everyone.

Board game they can all play together? Sorry, Life, etc.

Books?

briarrose
12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
My go to gift for kids this year is Doodle Books. If I don't know what the child has or is into, I get one or two of these books and some colored pencils. They look really cute and my 7 yo DS loves his.

http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Doodle-Book-Pictures-Complete/dp/0762435062/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323775391&sr=8-2

Just search doodle book on Amazon. There are a ton of different versions.

HTH
Barb

TwinFoxes
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I think stomp rockets, puzzles, bubble machine (outdoors), huge thing of sidewalk chalk are good for multiple ages, and both sexes.

Why not just stop? There's no law that you have to participate in something that's making you stress. I'm sure it's no fun for your bro/SIL either. We still get gifts for our DNs, but we also get wish list, I see them/keep in contact with them, and love to shop. :) Seriously, if I were you, I'd just put out feelers and see what the reaction is.