PDA

View Full Version : Link for free month of Prime on Amazon's Kindle Lending Library page

mama2g03
11-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't know if this has been posted before and not sure if there are any limitations - like new to Prime or must be a Kindle owner. DH already renewed our prime so I don't see any details when I click on the link. Under Shop All Departments go to Kindle then Kindle Owners Lending Library. On the Lending Library page there is a link that says "start your one month free trial today."

c&j04
11-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow! I had to set up a new acct for DH, but totally worth it. Thanks!

zukeypur
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I do!!!! I will be signing up tomorrow after my amazon mom expires.

kellij
11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Woohoo!! Thanks! Now the torture can end! I've been seeing all of these postings for lightening deals that I couldn't get because they were under 25. Now I have a great excuse!

dukie41181
11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
I click on the link I'm only given he option to pay $79/yr for prime. I don't see the free month after clicking on the link and I'm not a current prime member. Am I doing something wrong?!

dukie41181
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow! I had to set up a new acct for DH, but totally worth it. Thanks!

Why couldn't you do it from your account?

c&j04
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
I click on the link I'm only given he option to pay $79/yr for prime. I don't see the free month after clicking on the link and I'm not a current prime member. Am I doing something wrong?!
I got this too. It appears to need an account that has NOT already used a trial offer.

calv
11-30-2011, 06:35 PM

same here. eventhough we're new to the kindle. wonder if it is people w/no prior free prime?

ECMom
11-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks! I cleared my cookies, went to Amazon & found the link, and then set-up the trial offer with my husband's email address.

ECMom
11-30-2011, 06:52 PM

Try clearing your browser cookies first.

ETA: Did a test.......Even if you see the free trial link, you can't sign-up with an account that's had priime before. You'll have to use a new email address/name.

Here's the link to the free trial - http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/books?redirectURL=L2dwL2ZlYXR1cmUuaHRtbA&redirectQueryParams=ZG9jSWQ9MTAwMDczOTgxMQ&ref=shortURL_kindleprime

zukeypur
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Has anyone had success with this? My mom has a kindle and has never had prime, so I signed up with her account. I am planning on letting her share with me so I can use it for another month. It keeps showing the "thank you for signing up. Your membership should activate within a few minutes...blah, blah, blah, contact customer service" message. After 3 chat sessions and a phone call to amazon its still not showing up. They are saying that it is a technical glitch and they keep telling me that it should be active within 24 hours.

c&j04
12-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Has anyone had success with this? My mom has a kindle and has never had prime, so I signed up with her account. I am planning on letting her share with me so I can use it for another month. It keeps showing the "thank you for signing up. Your membership should activate within a few minutes...blah, blah, blah, contact customer service" message. After 3 chat sessions and a phone call to amazon its still not showing up. They are saying that it is a technical glitch and they keep telling me that it should be active within 24 hours.
two days ago it activated instantly for me.

JustMe
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=ECMom;3346256]
ETA: Did a test.......Even if you see the free trial link, you can't sign-up with an account that's had priime before. You'll have to use a new email address/name.

end of quote

Yes, yesterday I got excited because I was buying some regular (non-kindle) books for ds and a similar lnk appeared stating that I could have a free trial of prime. Unfortunately, I realized I was not logged in to amazon and when I logged on that choice went away when I signed in (I had a free trial last year) .