PDA

View Full Version : Social WWYD

Raidra
12-02-2011, 12:19 AM
We joined our UU church in the fall, and the older boys have been going to (separate) RE classes. They really love it, and there are a few kids they talk about wanting to get together with outside of church. However.. I don't know who any of these kids are or who their parents are. The classrooms are right next to the coffee hour area and it's a complete madhouse, and I struggle to keep an eye on my four (even with my husband helping).. trying to track down a family to somehow make enough conversation with to set up a playdate is just.. ugh.

So.. how should I go about this? We don't really know anyone at the church yet. I have talked with the woman who teaches Colwyn's class (she's very enamored with him, and loves to tell me how awesome he is). We're in kind of a weird spot with our homeschool group and haven't been seeing a lot of friends lately, and the few we do see are more Lachlann's age than Colwyn's age. Not a big deal really, but I'd like to make sure Colwyn hangs around with kids his age or a little older, too.

crl
12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I'd ask their teachers if they would pass on your contact information.

Catherine

TwinFoxes
12-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Could you tell DS to point out one of the kids to you. Then kind of track who he's with and ask his parents the next time? This is a situation where those mommy cards would be great. Those cards with your name and "Colwyn's (etc) Mom" written on them.