PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an Elf on the Shelf for each child??

SASM
12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
This evening, it was such a blast seeing the kids' excitement about the Elf. Then, it occurred to me, being that this is such a fun tradition (Year 3?), years down the road our grown offspring might fight over who gets the Elf. We have a very sentimental DS followed by 2 DDs. Am I overthinking? Will be crazy chaotic...I can barely handle one elf. ;) That being said, I probably wouldn't able to find 2 more anyway... Thoughts??

I know that I saw a thread a while back regarding elf mischief-making ideas. My search function is malfunctioning...can someone share the link?? Beg beg. :) Thank you! Happy holidays!

Meatball Mommie
12-02-2011, 06:58 AM
We have 2 elves in our house. It's not a big deal - they always sit together ;) Our elves don't cause any mischief although they do leave notes sometimes and candy canes and maybe a small present... not every night though... keeps the kids guessing!

kristac
12-02-2011, 07:11 AM
We have 2 elves and 3 kids. The boys asked the elves yesterday to bring some friends. Eventually we will likely have 3 elves. Agree with PP- they are usually causing mischief together so not much more trouble then 1 and sometimes you can do some thngs you wouldn't be able to do with just one. (eta- ours are not "elf on the shelf" brand)

lkarp
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Perhaps you can eventually have 3 elves, but only one shows up each year. So this year Elf A is watching over the kids, but next year Elf B is your assigned elf, etc. Once the kids are grown they each get their own for their families.

SASM
12-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks, ladies! Initially, I thought that I wouldn't need to do this bc 1 could get the elf, 1 could get the advent calendar, and 1 could get the holiday book collection. Rethinking and still think 3 Elves would be a good idea. AGH...just cannot find them...we live in a retail-challenged area so they are all sold out. Online delivery is iffy. I like the idea of next year. :)

Did anyone save the elf-ideas thread link??

THANK YOU!!