PDA

View Full Version : Elf requests

kristac
12-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Does your elf take requests?

Yesterday the boys asked our two elves if they would bring some friends. My oldest told me "tomorrow I want the elves to build a castle and be inside it". I told him he would have to talk to the elves cause I had no say in it. "They heard me mommy."

Not sure if honoring such requests would strengthen the magic or make it look like mommy is doing it.

Thoughts?

btw. no castle or extra elves this morning.

larig
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I think elves would be unlikely to honor a kid's request exactly. I think they'd do something playful, like maybe build a castle and then knock it down before the kids woke up, so all the kids saw was the remnants.

maylips
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Our elves would be too busy watching their behavior and making the report to Santa to have time to fulfill requests. But that's because the Queen is too lazy, really.

ETA: We don't have an official "Elf on a Shelf" but random elves found a long time ago, before I even heard of the official story.

TwinFoxes
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
My elf is far too lazy for that. ;) He barely dragged himself to their shelf this morning, the FIRST morning. But boy, was I surprised to see him, and the girls marveled at him. ;)

I'd probably just say "he only takes his orders from Santa". In the story it even says he has to follow Santa's laws.

robinsmommy
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I would a bit concerned about this letting the er, Santa out of the toy bag....what would happen if they made a request you didn't know about to the elves, and then nothing happened? I'd go with the line that the elves have a job to do....and then build a castle for them with the kids myself.