PDA

View Full Version : Kid tough Ipad Case

Jenn850
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
My parents let the kids use their ipad... ugh. Now they have requested a kid tough case for it to help protect it from them! Any suggestions?

Staraglimmer
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Otter box!!

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

jren
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Gumdrop defender series covers the front as well (otterbox doesn't cover the front on ipad like it does on the iphone).

HallsofVA
12-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I have the Gumdrop Drop case and feel the ipad2 is well protected from the kids! Costco had it on sale this period, though I bought mine on Amazon for just a little bit more.

JBaxter
12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Griffin or Gumdrop military grade for ipad 2. I think the otterbox is ok for iPad1. My Griffin is hot pink ours had been dropped down 3 wooden stairs, off the kitchen table and various other locations.

marymoo86
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Does the Gumdrop have the stand? For just me and DH but their could be grabby hands from a 13 mo old. Really love the look of the dodocase.

wifecat
12-02-2011, 11:25 AM
We have the Switcheasy Canvas and I think it's great. Ours has been dropped off the kitchen table and is still fine!

baileygirl
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Otterbox Defender has been great with our original Ipad. My 2 year-old has thrown the Ipad and it was fine.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-02-2011, 01:41 PM
We've had good luck with the Otterbox. DD2 has dropped it off the stroller and had it run over by said stroller and it's fine.

HallsofVA
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Does the Gumdrop have the stand? For just me and DH but their could be grabby hands from a 13 mo old. Really love the look of the dodocase.

My gumdrop does not have a stand, but given that it's rubber, it pretty easily props against things since the material gives it enough "grip" to stay put.

JBaxter
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM
The Griffin does have a stand

Jenn850
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks!!! You ladies are great!

sunriseiz
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Can someone clarify the difference between the Gumdrop case and the Military Gumdrop case? I am missing it totally (except for the price difference!)

TIA

HallsofVA
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Can someone clarify the difference between the Gumdrop case and the Military Gumdrop case? I am missing it totally (except for the price difference!)

TIA

The military edition tech series drop case is army green and costs $10 more.
The regular tech series drop cases come in more colors (I have the red and black one) and are $10 less.

Seriously though, the military case also covers the camera holes, which are the only uncovered/unprotected spots on the regular case. (the regular case protects around the camera lens, but nothing goes directly over the camera lenses to protect them from sand, dust, etc.

mrshalco
12-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Gumdrop defender series covers the front as well (otterbox doesn't cover the front on ipad like it does on the iphone).

I must be missing it! How does it cover the front? LOL Is there a cover...cover or just a clear sheet covering?

HallsofVA
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I must be missing it! How does it cover the front? LOL Is there a cover...cover or just a clear sheet covering?

My gumdrop has a clear plastic sheet that is part of the case that protects the front. Still provides great response times, but can be removed and washed off if it gets too messy! You can even order replacement screens.

I tried to grab you a picture of the screen alone, but couldn't. You can find it on the gumdropcases.com website though. http://www.gumdropcases.com/apple-ipad-2-cases.html

sunriseiz
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
The military edition tech series drop case is army green and costs $10 more.
The regular tech series drop cases come in more colors (I have the red and black one) and are $10 less.

LOL, that's kind of what i thought! My mom is getting an iPad for Christmas and will need a case. Red and black is looking pretty good! :D