PDA

View Full Version : bathtub crayons/paints

cookiemonster80
12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
This seems like a great idea but I'm skeptical- does it really come off? Are they made for the seamless plastic type tubs or do they come off grout (eek!). Are there some that work/(cleanup) better than others???

crl
12-02-2011, 09:40 AM
It depends on your tub. if the finish on your tub is intact, it should be fine. But if you have an old tub with a less than perfect finish, they don't come off very well. I am not sure about grout.

Catherine

sweetsue98
12-02-2011, 10:07 AM
My DD loves it but I have to clean it right after the bath. If I wait...it seems to be harder to get off.

lhafer
12-02-2011, 10:10 AM
I've always found the reds to be harder to get off - even when cleaning up right away. I usually have the girls clean it off before the bath is even over. It goes away over time though.

cookiemonster80
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
are you using the regular crayola brands? or something else?

KrystalS
12-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Like PPs I always try to clean it off after the bath. But when I miss some the magic erasers work great. If you have white grout, I would definitely avoid the crayons. Otherwise you will be having to scrub it off.

I prefer to use the bath foam. Lots of places have it for cheap right now for stocking stuffers. I always stock up during Christmas because it seems more expensive throughout the year, and my kids love to play with it. I got a bottle plus refill for $5 at Wal-mart. I haven't checked Target yet.

Pear
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
We have a new tub with no grout. The only spot I have trouble cleaning is the textured bottom of the tub. I just keep a scrub brush near by and give the tub a quick scrub before I drain it and we have had no problems. If I let it sit for a few days it takes a bit of elbow grease, but still comes off.

katydid1971
12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Keep in mind that little ones sometimes don't understand why its ok to write on the bathtub walls but not the living room walls (DD did this). They can also stain some bath toys if they are written on too.