PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting this...

Twoboos
12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
DDs have been asking if Santa really brings coal to people. They are so scared he will bring it to them!

I am cracking up thinking of getting this. They would be horrified, but in the spring it will be fun!

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/north-pole-coal-blooming-briquettes?utm_campaign=main&utm_medium=email&utm_source=20111201&utm_term=north+pole+coal+blooming+briquettes

sarahsthreads
12-02-2011, 10:26 AM
So, as a college freshman (i.e. I hadn't believed in Santa in a loooong time) my parents wrapped up a toy car with a key to a real (used) car in a shape so it would look like a lump of coal. That was the *only* thing in my stocking. To this day, I still get a little teary thinking about how I felt when that lump of "coal" plopped out of my stocking and into my hand. Don't do it!

I think it would be a funny & cute gift to give another adult, but based on my experience getting a coal-like object from my parents, I will *never* do it to my own kids!

(Your children may not be as sensitive as I was/am, though, so YMMV.)

Sarah :)

wellyes
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Oh gosh my grandmother used to give something like that. Also? Reindeer poop.

ETA: I can't believe my 10,000th post was about REINDEER POOP.

sarahsthreads
12-02-2011, 10:33 AM
ETA: I can't believe my 10,000th post was about REINDEER POOP.

:ROTFLMAO:

(Now, see, reindeer poop I find funny. Coal, not so much!)

Sarah :)

JTsMom
12-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I've got to agree-horrified and Christmas shouldn't go together.

wellyes-:rotflmao:

MamaKath
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
DDs have been asking if Santa really brings coal to people. They are so scared he will bring it to them!

I am cracking up thinking of getting this. They would be horrified, but in the spring it will be fun!

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/north-pole-coal-blooming-briquettes?utm_campaign=main&utm_medium=email&utm_source=20111201&utm_term=north+pole+coal+blooming+briquettes
I get coal every year. I have for as far back as I remember. My grandfather always put it in our stockings. He then carefully collected it all at the end of our family celebration so we could get it again the next year. :ROTFLMAO: His theory was we couldn't have been all good, he knew there was some naughty happening. :wink2: I give it to my kids. And collect it back for the next year, lol. Real coal is expensive.

Twoboos
12-02-2011, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't put just that in the stocking. Probably put it at the bottom as a little reminder that you COULD get coal. :wink2:

But you're probably right, I shouldn't. Maybe I'll do it for DH, LOL!!!!

infomama
12-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I would never put coal in my kids stockings.