PDA

View Full Version : Help with wording, please?

minnie-zb
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm atrocious with wording. Even when I mean well it comes out snotty and superior and it really isn't what I intend, but I'm not good with words.

I need to send my FIL an email and would like to word it nicely and sound gracious without screwing it up. Which I've inevitably done in the past. I know some of the ladies on the board are phenomenal with wording and I never cease to be amazed at your skills!

So, I need help with two things:

1) They visited over Thanksgiving. I don't particularly like my FIL, but he's okay. I need to say that it was nice having them visit without sounding phony.

2) They do a family calendar which include my stepmother-in-laws family. We've never met her family. They use pictures of us and the kids which I don't like -- it feels weird knowing I'm hanging on someones kitchen wall I don't know. This year he's given me the opportunity to opt out of the calendar, but I also want to opt out of having any photos of us in the calendar in the future. Is there a way to say this without making it a bad situation?

Thank you very, very much for helping. I don't want to make a big deal out of a mole hill.