PDA

View Full Version : Puked on Cell Phone...Now it's dead..Now what?

Indianamom2
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
In an unfortunate set of circumstances, I puked all over my cell phone (nothing fancy, not a smart phone) because it happened to fall in the plastic bag that I grabbed when I puked. It stayed there for hours because I didn't realize it was in there.

Now it appears to be totally dead. I am due for an upgrade in Feb. I believe (through Verizon). Anyone had anything similar happen and had them do an upgrade a bit early? We've been good customers for at least 7-9 years and have never had to replace a phone that I can recall. Do I have a shot at getting an upgrade a little early?

JBaxter
12-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Sometimes if you want to upgrade to a smart phone they may give you a break

weech
We got our last upgrade a few months early, so it's definitely worth giving them a call.

veronica
In an unfortunate set of circumstances, I puked all over my cell phone (nothing fancy, not a smart phone) because it happened to fall in the plastic bag that I grabbed when I puked. It stayed there for hours because I didn't realize it was in there.

Now it appears to be totally dead. I am due for an upgrade in Feb. I believe (through Verizon). Anyone had anything similar happen and had them do an upgrade a bit early? We've been good customers for at least 7-9 years and have never had to replace a phone that I can recall. Do I have a shot at getting an upgrade a little early?
I think you definitely have a great shot. It's only two months away and they will be pleased to know that you will sign another 2 year contract. I'd call and ask.

infomama
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Do I have a shot at getting an upgrade a little early?

For sure. We were looking at upgrading to iPhones and verizon was happy to upgrade us early. Give them a call.

TwoBees
12-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Try calling and see what they say. Or go to a store (a corporate one, not an "authorized retailer." Or you could buy a used phone from criagslist/ebay and activate it with your number just to get through until your upgrade.

wellyes
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Ask. Another option is that if you share your bill with family, you can use someone else's credit (then they could use yours once the time came). I have an iphone, was lost, used my MIL's cell phone account -- which is on our bill -- to get a replacement with the discount credit.