PDA

View Full Version : Just left Trader Joes......

overcome
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Got my cookie butter and Brussel sprouts on a stalk! Yippee!!

crl
12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Got my cookie butter and Brussel sprouts on a stalk! Yippee!!

Somehow I feel like those two items cancel each other out. :hysterical:

Catherine

wimama
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
:thumbsup: This is my like button for this board!

And I agree and do think the brussel sprouts cancel out the cookie butter.

daisymommy
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I just spent half my grocery budget there today :bag
I was going to take a picture of my bags of goodies and post it with my phone, then remembered this isn't Facebook :)

mjs64
12-03-2011, 05:02 AM
A little OT, but a nice and pretty way to store the sprouts on a stalk, if you're not using them immediately, is like flowers in a vase or pitcher. Cut off the bottom leaves and sprouts, and add some lemon slices to the water. They keep much longer that way and you can pluck a few at a time. Pluck from the bottom and dont let the sprouts themselves get wet. Cut the stalk every day, like you would with fresh stems. I love the sprouts on a stalk but can't fit it in my fridge, so this is what I do.

daisymommy
12-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Gosh I wish I knew that! I stood there for like 5 minutes debating buying one. I've never had sprouts as an adult, only a kid, and hated them. But now that I see so many people here love them, I really want to have the guts to try them. But I was scared they would sit on my fridge and go bad in a day or two, and be wasted. Gah! Maybe next time then.

MamaInMarch
12-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Gosh I wish I knew that! I stood there for like 5 minutes debating buying one. I've never had sprouts as an adult, only a kid, and hated them. But now that I see so many people here love them, I really want to have the guts to try them. But I was scared they would sit on my fridge and go bad in a day or two, and be wasted. Gah! Maybe next time then.

I didn't like them as a kid either. But roasting them is crazy good.

My 2 favorite ways are just olive oil, fresh crushed garlic and salt then squeeze lemon over when done or toss in a mix of tomato paste, olive oil, salt and garlic before roasting. Yum!!!

mctlaw
12-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Well this seems to be turning into another I heart brussels sprouts thread, which I am fine with, but before it does can I just say that I went into my TJ's yesterday and they were OOS on the holiday choc covered jo-jos, and they do not stock the cookie butter. Sounds like they are not getting it either!! :32:

Oh, and they looked at me as if I were cross-eyed when I inquired about the cookie butter. They had never heard of it!