PDA

View Full Version : basic kindle covers?

turtle12
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a basic kindle4 cover? the best one, it seems, is amazon's cover but its $40! half the price of the device itself!

i like amazon's cover because there are no straps to hold it in, so its quite sleek and secure. but the leather itself is very shiny/slippery and seems like it will scratch really easily. i don't want to be paranoid about keeping the case itself in good shape.

any other suggestions? thanks. :)

TwinFoxes
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Etsy. :) I found quite a few that I like, but I think I'm going to be stuck with Amazon, because I need it before a trip I'm taking next week. But there are some very cute Etsy ones.

KrisM
12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I opted for a case, rather than a cover. I figure I don't want the extra bulk when reading, but do want it fully protected if I stick it in a bag. I worried that a cover might allow debris to get in on the screen still. Anyhow, I am getting this: http://www.amazon.com/VERTEKS-Neoprene-Sleeve-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B005Z79GOY/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1322541723&sr=8-21

I also like that it's pretty inexpensive!

mom2khj
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
I bought a simple sleeve from this seller on Etsy. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OhKoey?ref=seller_info

I wanted a sleeve just for basic protection when it is in my purse, I like to read without any case on it.

turtle12
12-02-2011, 07:06 PM
thank you, never thought of etsy! :)

g-mama
12-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I am in need of a new Kindle cover because I have broken TWO of the ones sold on Amazon. Well, to be clear, my youngest son has broken them both. :crying:

The first time, I was looking for my Kindle and my son saw it in my purse. He picked it up to bring it to me and when he grabbed it by the spine, the Kindle itself somehow dropped out and the plastic clip that holds it in broke off. I'd only had it for about two weeks.

I called Amazon to ask if there was a way to fix the clip and they offered to replace it free of charge. Lucky for me, they only had the more expensive version in stock that had a built-in light, so they sent me that instead.

After having that one for a few months, my son broke it. :crying: I mentioned I was looking for the charger and all of a sudden I hear, "Mommy, it won't come out of the case!" and snap! He pulled it out and broke the clip in the spine AGAIN.

I was so upset but he was even more upset. He even made me a card apologizing for breaking it. All of this to say that I won't buy another one where it clips in on the spine because, at least in my house, it's just too fragile. I will opt for the kind with the elastic bands that hold it in place.

mommytotwo
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I use a bag made out the scuba type material for the Kindle. I bought it at Target and it was very reasonable. It has a zipper around the edge and fits the Kindle adapter as well. It was around $20. I use the Kindle out the case for reading/playing games.

doberbrat
12-03-2011, 12:18 AM
target has a case w/a light on it for $20 in their red box (Holiday) sections.

malphy
12-03-2011, 07:17 AM
I just got one at five below for 5 bucks. I am very happy with it, too.

turtle12
12-03-2011, 07:51 AM
thanks so much for all the suggestions and advice. g-mama, thanks for posting your experience re the clips -- wow, i would have never thought of that. i thought it was such a cool way to hold the device.

and thanks for the suggestions for 5-below and target for the neoprene cases and the lighted one in the holiday section. back to target, it looks like. 3rth time this week? first to get the kindle. then to get the kindle case. and now to get a different kindle case!!

i've been browsing amazon too...but its so hard to tell online...

thanks again!