PDA

View Full Version : Eek -mistake on grad school application - how to fix

niccig
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I dropped off a packet of information to the Chair of my program for him to write a letter of recommendation. I have 2 letters, one to his program and one to another one. I also included addressed envelopes BUT, I put in 2 for the other program and not one for this program. And I just wrote organizational skills as a strength of mine!!

How can I fix this?
I can go to his assistant on Monday with a correctly addressed envelope and if he hasn't picked it up yet, I can ask her to swap it in.

I can email him and tell him I messed up

I can just ignore it and hope he a) doesn't notice or b) it's not a big deal.

I was rushed this morning and just grabbed the wrong envelope.

Nicci

sste
12-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I would go to his assistant . . . not because it is a big deal but because he may not notice and mail off both letters to the other program.

I would just say, "I realized there was a mix-up can you swap X for Y letter."

Trust me, your organizational skills are excellent that you even included envelopes! No one will care at all. So no worries!

niccig
12-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I would go to his assistant . . . not because it is a big deal but because he may not notice and mail off both letters to the other program.

I would just say, "I realized there was a mix-up can you swap X for Y letter."

Trust me, your organizational skills are excellent that you even included envelopes! No one will care at all. So no worries!

Thanks. I called her and she said it's fine. He hand delivers the letters for students in our program as he's on the admissions committee. I'll still go in on Monday and see if I can give him an extra one. DUH. I've had a rushed couple of days and here I was thinking I've got it all done...and then I look and see the label I was supposed to put on the envelope and realised I was missing the other one. GAH!