PDA

View Full Version : DD2 getting cheated? Any awesome gift ideas for a 2 year old??

mom2MandC
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I feel like DD2 is getting cheated!! Besides have a sister who is only 19 months older and having an early January birthday, I am at a loss for what to get her that SHE will love!! We have so many things- kitchen, dress-up, princess stuff, Melissa and Doug sets- I hate to just buy things for the sake of buying things, but she deserves to have some of her own gifts!! Some of the things I got I know both of the girls will like- horses, baby dolls, mini scooter, princess stuff.
Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!!!! I appreciate them!!

ourbabygirl
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
*Her own Pillow Pet?
*Special bedding/ bedroom accessories like a cute lamp/ bookshelf/ pictures/ etc.
*Personalized anything? DD (3) loves her personalized Mickey Mouse cd! :) I got that for her 2nd bday & want to get one for DS (13 months)
*Books? You can also get books with your child's name, siblings, etc. throughout the story

sunshine873
12-03-2011, 12:12 AM
We seem to be falling to this answer a lot around here lately, but are there any events/shows that you could buy her tickets for? It could be something just for you & her, or maybe you, DH & her (get a sitter for DD1.) Of course, that may not go over so well with DD1...

Staraglimmer
12-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Name puzzle
Personalized stool
Melissa and Doug crayons

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

hoodlims
12-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I would take her out for a special day somewhere - an experience gift. Sounds like you have pretty much everything!

Jacksmommy2b
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
How about a Wheely Bug? My kids are both crazy about them!

(Buy the large as the small is really, really small!)

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-Wheely-Ladybug-Small/dp/B000GX0B3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322933566&sr=8-1

mom2MandC
12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions!! I like the personalized ideas and the wheely bug looks like fun!!! We do a lot of experience outings with DD1, but DD2 will be 2 in January and doesn't really sit for any great amount of time, so I am not sure she would do too well at an event where we have to stay in assigned seats! Maybe the crayola factory or something be good for her. If anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know!!
She will definitely be getting things for her room- like a roommate :-) Depending on if DC 3 (arriving in early May) is a boy or girl, she will share with someone, so we will be remodeling the bedrooms- too bad we don't find out the gender until Dec 22, but it could work for some birthday presents!!!

Simon
12-03-2011, 01:47 PM
You can still do experience outings for Dd2, they just need to be toddler friendly.

We do things like for Ds2 like indoor playspaces (lots of gyms around here have specific toddler times, though it could even be a McD's or other restaurant), solo park date with favorite snacks, sledding, a visit to the train table at the library or a cafe, riding the carousel at a local restaurant or the mini-train at the zoo, but all the while having just Dh or myself all to himself. They may not seem like much but because he is not quite 2yo, Ds2 is thrilled with any or all of these, even though its not like the "experience" events with do with Ds1.

c&j04
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
DS is getting a Rody. He's tried them out at toy stores and been amazed for six months already.

maestramommy
12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
If it makes you feel any better she probably doesn't know the difference.

Is there any KIND of toy you don't seem to have? We're getting Laurel a transporter truck with cars in it, because I saw she was really enjoying trucks and church, and we have NOTHING like that at home.