PDA

View Full Version : What color tights with an olive green dress?

crl
12-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I bought dd a pretty cordurory dress off Etsy. I was thinking it would be a pine type green, but it is more an olive. It has a hood and the hood is lined in a soft/off white as are the pockets. She has black suede Mary janes. I doubt I can match the green. Would you do white/off-white tights with it?

Thanks!
Catherine

elbenn
12-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I would do off-white or cream tights.

crl
12-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks! I forgot to ask, also recommendations for where to buy? Dd is 20 months old and has a big belly and kind of short legs. She's wearing 3Ts on top and 2T capris as full length pants on bottom. :love-retry: So I am guessing 18-24 month or around there size tights. Ideally I'd like something thick and warm, maybe with cables or something? The dress is lovely, but very simple so it could stand some kind of cables or other "pattern" in the tights.

I don't want to pay a ton, but I don't mind going to, oh maybe $10-12 for good quality tights. I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg in shipping on this one item so Hanna is out and I'd love to find free ship or recommendations for B&M?

Thank you!
Catherine

citymama
12-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I would do off-white or cream tights.

:yeahthat:Try eBay for the Hanna tights, or H&M tights are supposed to be very good.

wendibird22
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Both DDs have cute heavy cabled and heart pattern off white tights from Carters. Not sure if you have a B&M Carters in your area.

Like these: http://www.carters.com/carters/Cable-Knit-Tights/V_22723,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-accessories

crl
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone! Anyone run across stripped or other funky tights that have olive in them and would go with black shoes? I have found a couple possibilities online, but it is really hard to see the colors for sure.

http://www.pureandhonestkids.com/browse.cfm/4,4779.html

http://www.tinysoles.com/country-kids-crochet-flower-tights-red.html

Plus both are in size 1-3 which is a little big, although doable.

Thanks!
Catherine

ETA. I was thinking it wouldn't matter so much if the olives didn't match exactly if the tights are a bunch of colors, yk? Also the ones I linked have red, but they don't have to.

sariana
12-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I like the off-white/cream suggestion, but black would work too, because of the shoes, and might be easier to find.

You might try JCPenney. That's where I found bright red tights for DD last year. They had a better selection than Target.

I don't shop H&M much (not close and the 30-day return policy is not convenient for me), but the couple of times I have been there I have seen a more "eclectic" selection of tights, including multi-colored. So I second that suggestion.

crl
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks!

Catherine

mecawa
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I can picture either off white/cream tights, or something striped like the second pair you linked in your post. Both with black shoes. I'm a fan of HA tights, but usually only buy on sale (which I don't know if they go on sale this time of year or not) Another place I would look would be gap, there tights have held up pretty well for us in the past. For striped tights, I've had good luck with Gymbo, but I don't recall seeing any striped tights with olive green in them recently.

citymama
12-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Country Kids makes excellent and sometimes very funky tights and I've seen them online or on eBay for about $6 a pair.

crl
12-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Country Kids makes excellent and sometimes very funky tights and I've seen them online or on eBay for about $6 a pair.

I think both the ones I linked are Country Kids, I just can't tell about the colors very well. We have one purple pair and they are nice. I ordered an $8 white pair off Amazon (can't remember the brand but it had good reviews.) I figure if I find a funky pair in real life so I can see the colors great, if not, I'm covered with plain white.

Thanks everyone!
Catherine

daniele_ut
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks! I forgot to ask, also recommendations for where to buy?

Thank you!
Catherine

H&M has reasonably priced cable knit tights for little girls if you are near one of their stores. I bought some really awesome thick cream tights for DD at LL Bean and they have them online, but they start at size 4.

mackmama
12-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Off-white would be my first bet. I also think orange would be cute. :)