PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed

ourbabygirl
12-03-2011, 12:24 AM
My mom, DD (age 3), and I are going to a Breakfast w/Santa event tomorrow morning, and I'm debating what color tights to have her wear.

I want to put her in a black Gap (denim-y fabric) jumper, with a shirt underneath (either white or black, though she picked black), and a red button-down cardigan over it. She's got a pair of dark brown Target Circo Ugg-type knock-offs, or she could wear a pair of platinum Pedipeds.
Wondering what color tights to put her in- she has white or black (or pink or brown). Would any of those work? I was thinking the black but that might be too much black, but the white might look strange.

Thanks for your help! :)

elbenn
12-03-2011, 12:36 AM
I think white tights would look good. If you have black shoes, I would go with them. Otherwise, I would go with the pedipeds.

wellyes
12-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Your 3 year old lets you pick her outfits? :ROTFLMAO:

sunshine873
12-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Your 3 year old lets you pick her outfits? :ROTFLMAO:

No kidding! DD isn't even 3 yet & although I don't mind running errands in mis-matched crazy outfits, for certain occasions I need to have a little control (like not football jerseys to church.) I have to strategically go through her closet (so she doesn't get any ideas) & then present her with 2 suitable choices! Then she feels like she's had a little control in the decision making process! :)

OP - I'd go for the white shirt (if you can,) white tights & the silver pedipeds (black shoes if you have them.) Even though all the style people say you can - I still can't mix brown & black. :) Have fun with Santa!

DietCokeLover
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
White shirt, white tights, pedipeds

mecawa
12-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I would do white tights and the boots, with either the white or black shirt (I can picture both).

ourbabygirl
12-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks, Everyone!

We did as you suggested, white shirt, black jumper, red cardigan, white tights, silver Pedipeds (they have black on the toe, so it works). :) Breakfast was fun but most of the other kids (girls in particular) were really dressed up, like in their Christmas day dresses, so if we go again, I'll put her in a fancy dress. :)

And yeah, she will let me dress her! Not sure how much longer it will last, but I kind of take it for granted and guess I should be counting my blessings! Her cousin is a few months older, and she always wants to pick out her outfits, I guess, so my SIL calls her a little hobo! ;) Then again, she dresses herself (is very independent), and my DD will basically only take off & put on her shoes and socks- doesn't want/ know how to do the rest of it (shirts, pants, coat, pjs). So we really need to work on that. Luckily DD is neither opinionated/ picky about what she wears, nor such a girly girl (like many girls her age that we know) that she insists on wearing a dress every day.

But her hair is another story.... beautiful, long blonde hair, but won't let me do anything with it... maybe an occasional ponytail... sigh...