PDA

View Full Version : Amazon question

KrystalS
12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Where can I check the credits on my account? I have a $10 credit from the Mastercard deal and the $100 credit for the Xbox 360 lightning deal. When I order something it automatically comes out of the credit but I have no idea where to look and see what my balance is. I have looked in my account and can't find it anywhere.

mum-to-be
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I've had that happen before too. I don't know how you can see the credits but maybe another poster will chime in on that.

Be careful when you place your next orders - make sure it is something you will definitely be keeping. I ordered a vacuum cleaner once that I ended up having to return because it didn't work. When I bought it I had a promotional credit from another order. They would only refund the amount I paid. I had to talk them into putting another credit on my account for the next order.

lablover
12-03-2011, 03:40 PM
If you click on "your account" at the top right you should then see a Payment section. Click View Gift Card Balance. I think that should work.

KrystalS
12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
If you click on "your account" at the top right you should then see a Payment section. Click View Gift Card Balance. I think that should work.

I've tried that. I guess since Amazon just puts a credit on my account it doesn't show up as a gift card.

mum-to-be
12-03-2011, 04:50 PM
It's not a gift card, it's a promotional credit. I think the difference is that you would get a gift card back if you return something purchased with a gift card, but the promotional credit is viewed as them giving you a discount. At least they have great customer service and will usually fix any problem you encounter.

lablover
12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044BY6E2/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

In the middle where it says Have a promotion code? click on View Balance.

elbenn
12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I did the Mastercard deal and I got $10 off a $100 order (it showed $10 credit at checkout) and they are supposed to send another promo code for a $10 off $50 purchase but I haven't received that promo code yet.

KrystalS
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I did the Mastercard deal and I got $10 off a $100 order (it showed $10 credit at checkout) and they are supposed to send another promo code for a $10 off $50 purchase but I haven't received that promo code yet.

I had to email them to receive my additional $10 credit. I looked on Slickdeals and a lot of other people had to do the same thing. The rep who emailed me said the promotional credit should have been applied after my original order shipped but it never happened.

I was finally able to view my promo credit. They definitely don't make it easy. If you go to a page for instant video or mp3 there is a link that says redeem gift card or promo code, view balance. It shows your promotion balance.

The PP is also right about the promotional balance basically being a discount. If you order something and then decide to return it you will not be refunded. So before you order make sure you plan to keep the item. I ordered the idraw tablet yesterday before it came up in the lightning deals, luckily I was able to cancel in time that it wasn't shipped.