PDA

View Full Version : Men's hair restoration?

3isEnough
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
My DH is starting to feel very self conscious about his hair loss on the top of his head in the back and is somewhat interested in hair restoration. I'm of the mindset that if it would make him feel better, he should definitely do it. But we know nothing about it.

Can anyone enlighten me on the options and pricing? I don't know if it's a $1000 type of thing or if it's $10,000. And I know that the procedures done about 10 years ago were very obvious and not incredibly real looking, but I'm sure it's advanced since then.

TIA!

3isEnough
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Bumping - anyone?

JBaxter
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
honestly all the men at DH's level ( senior director / VP) just do the buzz cut when it starts to thin. Several are sporting the bald look.

Green_Tea
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
honestly all the men at DH's level ( senior director / VP) just do the buzz cut when it starts to thin. Several are sporting the bald look.

:yeahthat:

I think that it's super common for men to sport that look.

3isEnough
12-05-2011, 03:35 AM

Ha, yes, he is considering that option as well ;) But he's mentioned the hair restoration a few times and I can tell that the hair loss really bothers him, so I thought I'd research it a bit and give him the info so he can make an informed decision.

thanks for the responses thus far.

cntrymoon2
12-05-2011, 04:00 AM
I can tell you that my DH has tried rogaine/minoxidil and it didn't help at all. No experience with the hair restoration options, sorry!

hillview
12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
An ex used rogaine (this was 15 years ago) and it didn't work.