PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a book on cleaning/advice

bostonsmama
12-03-2011, 03:43 PM
A couple years ago (maybe 3?) on the Today Show there was a book on cleaning, organization, general home/housekeeping, cooking, etc that was a mom's 'notebook' or composition journal to her daughter. If the daughter ever had a question about "how to-" anything, she just whipped out this spiral journal, which someone said she should turn into a book.

My Japanese SIL just came to America for good, and she's fascinated by American "housekeeping." She got a few books from the library (not that American and Japanese housekeeping are all that different), but I want something she can keep on hand now that she's settting down roots.

Better rec if you don't know what I'm talking about?

mjs64
12-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Not what you describe but I love Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendolson (sp)? Great reference tome.

MelissaTC
12-03-2011, 04:31 PM
A couple years ago (maybe 3?) on the Today Show there was a book on cleaning, organization, general home/housekeeping, cooking, etc that was a mom's 'notebook' or composition journal to her daughter. If the daughter ever had a question about "how to-" anything, she just whipped out this spiral journal, which someone said she should turn into a book.

My Japanese SIL just came to America for good, and she's fascinated by American "housekeeping." She got a few books from the library (not that American and Japanese housekeeping are all that different), but I want something she can keep on hand now that she's settting down roots.

Better rec if you don't know what I'm talking about?

I know what you are talking about and eagerly look forward to finding out the name!

MommyofAmaya
12-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I bought it for SIL when she went off to college a few years ago, but it just took me forever to find again. Hope this is it.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheres-Mom-Now-That-Need/dp/0961539011

candaceb
12-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I have the Martha stewart homekeeping handbook and love it. It is both funny (because she is so serious and goes to such great lengths) and helpful.

larig
12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
kijip (katie) recommended Home Comforts. I picked it up on her rec and think it's very thorough.

marie
12-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Not what you describe but I love Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendolson (sp)? Great reference tome.

:yeahthat:

MommyofAmaya
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Bumping to see if my hard work paid off.

AustenFan
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Also LOVE Home Comforts. I've gifted it to every close girlfriend and relative!