PDA

View Full Version : Thicker/warmer leggings for winter?

acmom
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
My 3 year old likes leggings much better than stiffer pants or jeans. Does any place make thicker or warmer leggings? I am worried her legs may get cold in the thinner cotton ones in upstate NY winter weather!

crl
12-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Do they have to be leggings? American Apparel makes some "fleece" pants that are like sweatshirt material, with wide open bottom legs. I'm not sure what size they go up to and they do run small.

Catherine

sariana
12-03-2011, 10:15 PM
My 3 year old likes leggings much better than stiffer pants or jeans. Does any place make thicker or warmer leggings? I am worried her legs may get cold in the thinner cotton ones in upstate NY winter weather!

Hmm, could you just size up and put some thermals underneath?

StantonHyde
12-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I just use the velour ones from gymboree, they were plenty warm enough under dresses. Gymbo and Old Navy make pull on fleece pants with a flare leg--that was great for winter!

ElspethCordelia
12-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Hanna Andersson leggings are thicker than other brands.

mommytoC
12-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Hanna Andersson leggings are thicker than other brands.

My girls wear a lot of HA leggings; DD#2 has a pair of Gymboree velour leggings this year, and they're quite nice, too. We also like HA "not so skinny" knit jeans when they're on sale, but haven't tried the knit jean offerings from other brands.

They're always plenty warm indoors, and running errands. I actually really like leggings/knit jeans for winter, since they work under snowbibs/boots so well!

Beth24
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I just saw some fleece lined leggings at a local children's boutique. They were so nice...pricey too. But here is the link to the company that makes them...

http://plush-apparel.com/girls/products-girls.php

I may buy one pair for my DD, what a great idea!

Green22
01-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Late to the post, but we also wear leggings instead of stiffer pants and wanted to add - I have found some velour/cord leggings that I think are a bit warmer. Bought some at Gymbo and think they are much tighter than I'd like/other Gymbo pants in the same size. Found some at Kohls and are a little more loose/comfy (I think it is jumping beans brand) and have worked well for us.