PDA

View Full Version : What is going on here, Lego?

kijip
12-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I am baffled by the first three pieces of the Lego advent calendar. A man who appears to be a robber, a policeman and what I *think* is a cannon? WTH? Looking at the box it seems there is a police station, a tree and a Santa with a dog? What exactly does all of this have to do with each other or with Christmas? I should have looked at the box more closely I guess. Kinda disappointing, last year's was way cuter IMO.

ETA: I think what I thought was a cannon is a catapult. How very Christmas-y!

SnuggleBuggles
12-03-2011, 11:30 PM
They rarely have anything to do with Christmas. Maybe every few days there's something seasonal. We've had 2-3 City ones, a Kingdom one and now a Star Wars one and I think that is pretty typical. They'll (maybe?) be good additions to the Lego collection at least!

Beth

s7714
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
I read the contents list on Amazon and decided to skip that one this year because of the cops and robbers theme.

StantonHyde
12-04-2011, 12:56 AM
ack! I should have read the theme too! DD is not so into this. DS wouldn't care what the theme was as long as it was Star Wars.

Katie--my kids decided that it was a snowball fight cannon--which is totally awesome and not a weapon--according to them. :wink2:

kijip
12-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Katie--my kids decided that it was a snowball fight cannon--which is totally awesome and not a weapon--according to them. :wink2:

ah, maybe the robber and the cop are having a snowball fight? :wink2: but considering the little white cylinders the catapult came with, I am guessing your kids are right.

It was just a little strange - first day of count down, open a thief!

Uno-Mom
12-04-2011, 01:27 AM
For some reason, this struck my funny bone and I just can't stop giggling. How random.and strange!

Do they just recycle their leftovers in the calendars, or what?

kijip
12-04-2011, 01:37 AM
For some reason, this struck my funny bone and I just can't stop giggling. How random.and strange!

My husband and I think it is hilarious. We are trying to decide if the robber is like a Robin Hood dude who will bring toys to kids with none or if he is a crazy guy after kids ala Home Alone. Yes, this is the sort of stuff we find amusing.

kwc
12-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I was actually pretty appalled when DD opened Day 1... surly looking minifigure with 5 o'clock shadow and a GOLD TOOTH... nice, love the stereotyping. I told DH that I thought he was a prisoner... if they are robbers (which DD figured out before I did), why are they in prison stripes with numbers and shown on the photo as working on the streets, on the balcony of the police station... I was thinking, nice one Swedes, showing prisoner labor?!? SO NOT THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT. Had to google it to figure out the cops and robbers theme, and yesterday's snow catapult.

Should have gotten DD a Playmobil advent calendar with the post office (even though we don't really do Playmobil)... she is not nearly as into this as DS is into his Star Wars one.

hillview
12-04-2011, 07:46 AM
They rarely have anything to do with Christmas. Maybe every few days there's something seasonal. We've had 2-3 City ones, a Kingdom one and now a Star Wars one and I think that is pretty typical. They'll (maybe?) be good additions to the Lego collection at least!

Beth
:yeahthat:

They are not really Christmas themed.

Multimama
12-04-2011, 08:07 AM
:rotflmao:

I almost bought the Playmobil police advent calendar in advance for DS last year (great sale!) but luckily DH took a serious look at the contents of the box and quickly convinced me that the cops, robbers and very realistic prison paraphernalia wasn't what we wanted our three year old to be playing with at Christmas!

I'm not sure what these companies are thinking.

veronica
12-04-2011, 09:04 AM
we are doing the playmobil pirates one for a few years back this year. DD wanted one in her room but I can not find any locally. TRU only had the star wars one and it was $50 (I got annoyed at the store because it is a lot cheaper on their site). They had no playmobil ones.

I would love at least the unicorn one.....unless a unicorn has a five o'clock shadow and prison clothing on!

I agree.....the "themes" suck.