PDA

View Full Version : S/O: Share your Pintrest "Holiday Gifts Board"

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Apparently I actually had a good idea for once!:ROTFLMAO:

I created a Festivus Gifts board for Bumbee. And additionally a Gift Closet one, for Amazon Lightning deal and such, too good to pass up, but that I will save for a later holiday. And a Sephora one for me! :loveeyes:
This way I have a visual of "current inventory" and what I paid at the time, I like being able to SEE what I have, and I love that at the office I can peek, too.

If you add a dollar sign in the description, Pintrest puts a banner on the corner of the pic.

Paging Melanie, I want to see yours! I promise I won't "hate on it".

http://pinterest.com/flagstaffmama/

daisymommy
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
So I realized my real name was my profile name, and I needed to change it before posting here. I used the first cheesy name that came to me :loveeyes:. I'll probably change it later.
This is not a "gifts" board per say, but rather a Christmas/Winter board.

http://pinterest.com/suziehomemaker/christmas-winter/

kijip
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
This would be right up my alley but I got an email saying they will add me "as soon as they can". Can current members invite friends to speed that up? And if so, can I be your friend? :wink2:

swissair81
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
This would be right up my alley but I got an email saying they will add me "as soon as they can". Can current members invite friends to speed that up? And if so, can I be your friend? :wink2:

If you send me your email, I can invite you (I think).

BeachBum
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
So I realized my real name was my profile name, and I needed to change it before posting here. I used the first cheesy name that came to me :loveeyes:. I'll probably change it later.
This is not a "gifts" board per say, but rather a Christmas/Winter board.

http://pinterest.com/suziehomemaker/christmas-winter/

so your "real name" is displayed unless you change it? is it settings then you just put in something fake for your first and last name?

megs4413
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I have a board that has my kids' gifts and other kid stuff on it and then a board that has my wish list on it. you can get to all my boards by typing in pinterst.com/megs4413.

kijip
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
http://pinterest.com/kijip/holiday-glut/

Need to add 3 more things (f's dino from santa, T's scooter and hex bug set from santa). Thinking of doing a stocking stuffer one. Also, I am going to love this for sharing hobbies and fun ideas. Thanks for the invite!

Kymberley
12-04-2011, 06:25 PM
http://pinterest.com/kymbertley/gifts/

I need to add more as well. This is fun!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I have a blog/twitter/facebook persona. Flagstaff Mama, so I went with that. I use it for all the stuff I put out for the world. I try to keep my real name and Bumbee's out of stuff I link to my blog, more privacy...

Bens Momma
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
http://pinterest.com/kijip/holiday-glut/

Need to add 3 more things (f's dino from santa, T's scooter and hex bug set from santa). Thinking of doing a stocking stuffer one. Also, I am going to love this for sharing hobbies and fun ideas. Thanks for the invite!

Katie-noticed you had the HA fleece lined parka on there for T. FYI in case you didn't know, it's on sale right now at the outlets. Believe it's $34.xx sale ends today so you still have time to call outlets on the west coast if you're interested! Just thought I'd share.

jgenie
12-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I got the same message about waiting to be added. Do I not have to wait if I get an invitation from someone that already has an account?

larig
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I got the same message about waiting to be added. Do I not have to wait if I get an invitation from someone that already has an account?

pm me. I can invite you. A nice BBBer invited me!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
PM me if you need an invite!

Melaine
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Deleting my board for now....couldn't figure out how to remove my full name completely. :-(

Melaine
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
so your "real name" is displayed unless you change it? is it settings then you just put in something fake for your first and last name?

Shoot...I cannot get it to delete my name completely. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. I'm taking it down for now.

daisymommy
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Melanie, all I did was under the settings put "Suzie" in as my first name and "Homemaker" in as my last name. So when my board comes up, it calls me "Suzie Homemaker" instead of "Amy XYZ". Hopefully no one sees my real name someplace else...

Melaine
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Melanie, all I did was under the settings put "Suzie" in as my first name and "Homemaker" in as my last name. So when my board comes up, it calls me "Suzie Homemaker" instead of "Amy XYZ". Hopefully no one sees my real name someplace else...

Yeah, I did that, but on the far left it says all the stuff I have "done" under my name and it says I commented on "my full name's" pin...can't get it to go away even after deleting the pin. Oh well. The BBB world will have to live without my bragging on my bargains for today.

BUT I will share this photo of 15 Christmas gifts for nieces, nephews, and kid-friends that cost me $55 total. http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/VID02109.jpg

I'm sorry it's so big but the savings were so huge a normal photo couldn't contain them.

hwin708
12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
If you have yours linked through Facebook, you may want to try unlinking it. Just uncheck the box next to "Link to Facebook" under settings.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Setting, then edit profile then enter a name. I wonder it having it linked to FB or Twitter makes a difference?

MomToOne
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
kijip & Kymberley your full names are displayed

daisymommy
12-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Melanie~ when I first changed it, it still said my real name on the side. But about 2 hours later everything had changed over to my new user name. Maybe try that, and check it again tomorrow morning to see if it's safe to share here?

Melaine
12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
That's what I was wondering. I'll just see if it filters down and then I will re-share if so.

kijip
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
kijip & Kymberley your full names are displayed

F#%*¥! Twitter.

Anyhoo, thanks for the heads up and I think I have fixed it. Gosh darn social media (I never entered my name in pinterest, it pulled from twitter and I selected the wrong twitter. I am an idiot. I was named tweeter of the week by a big blog and I am still a social media IDIOT!)

kijip
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Katie-noticed you had the HA fleece lined parka on there for T. FYI in case you didn't know, it's on sale right now at the outlets. Believe it's $34.xx sale ends today so you still have time to call outlets on the west coast if you're interested! Just thought I'd share.

Thanks! I called out outlet and they are holding the one I want at the sale price, got them rigth at closing. I appreciate it. I live not far from the Woodinville outlet. :D

kijip
12-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Melanie~ when I first changed it, it still said my real name on the side. But about 2 hours later everything had changed over to my new user name. Maybe try that, and check it again tomorrow morning to see if it's safe to share here?

When I changed it knocked my old name pulled from twitter out with my new fake last name. I had to unlink it from twitter and save the new name. Then I added back on the twitter I wanted to use, which does not have my name.

Melaine
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Maybe my issue is because it's tied to facebook....

Melaine
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Ok, I think my issue is resolved: http://pinterest.com/leahmelaine/

ETA: I just went through and wrote how I got the deals in comments so people won't be hatin' on me any more.

lhafer
12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Maybe my issue is because it's tied to facebook....

You can change your profile picture as well...unless you don't care its of you and your kids.

Melaine
12-05-2011, 10:25 AM
You can change your profile picture as well...unless you don't care its of you and your kids.

Yeah, I don't really care about that. Their pictures are all over the web, I just don't want our names out there. Probably flawed logic on my end though....

lhafer
12-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Here's my pinterest page: http://pinterest.com/luckylady131/

I need to add a gift closet board since I just started one for the first time this year!

ETA: I just realized I linked to my whole pinterest page. Sorry - there is just a Christmas one on there, but I need to create a gift closet one. That's a great idea!! I love pinterest!

lhafer
12-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I don't really care about that. Their pictures are all over the web, I just don't want our names out there. Probably flawed logic on my end though....

I'm exactly the opposite. I figured I'm not the only person with my name...but you KNOW me by my picture!! :hysterical:

wimama
12-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I am a little late to this thread but here you go.

Each of our kids is getting 6 gifts 3 from Santa, 3 presents from us and a stocking. Our three presents are something you need, something to read, and something you want. Sometimes I stretch that a bit. For example I am giving two books to DS for Something your read and I am putting a pair of sleeping pants, a winter hat, slipper socks and underwear inside of the playmat gift, which is his something you need present. I have way too much fun picking out presents for the kids.:love-retry:

http://pinterest.com/wimama/christmas-2011/

m448
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
we only buy gifts for our kids and each other so I don't have a gift board. However since the kids are making each other gifts (they drew a name out of a hat) then I have one for kid gifts made by kids. It's an inspiration idea thing for them we can make with stuff we already have on hand:

http://pinterest.com/marielle448/gifts-for-kids-by-kids/

Melaine
12-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Just bumping this up for my changes! I returned some stuff (sold some stuff, too) and added the LE stuff because when I put the pink stuff together for DD1 and the purple stuff together for DD2 I decided the cuteness factor alone made it giftable. I also added up the damages and we are at $125 per child, that includes a coat, hat, dress, skirt, shoes, lollipops for the stockings, three movies, a big set of books, the dolls and horses, dress-up fairy dress, stainless steel plates, mittens, glass markers. A few other small things for the stockings.

http://pinterest.com/leahmelaine/christmas-gifts/

boogiemomz
12-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Just bumping this up for my changes! I returned some stuff (sold some stuff, too) and added the LE stuff because when I put the pink stuff together for DD1 and the purple stuff together for DD2 I decided the cuteness factor alone made it giftable. I also added up the damages and we are at $125 per child, that includes a coat, hat, dress, skirt, shoes, lollipops for the stockings, three movies, a big set of books, the dolls and horses, dress-up fairy dress, stainless steel plates, mittens, glass markers. A few other small things for the stockings.

http://pinterest.com/leahmelaine/christmas-gifts/

Wow! You are my hero! :bowdown: When does that LE sale come around?

fivi2
12-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Can I join Pinterest if I do not belong to either facebook or twitter?

Melaine
12-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow! You are my hero! :bowdown: When does that LE sale come around?

You just missed it last weekend. But I remember some very good markdowns in Jan/Feb last year too so hopefully more deals will be around the corner.

lhafer
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Can I join Pinterest if I do not belong to either facebook or twitter?

absolutely! You might need an invite. If you do, you can PM me with your email address and I can invite you.

fivi2
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Well, boo. I got the invite (thanks lhafer!) but it is telling me to sign up with either facebook or twitter and I don't see another option...

I will keep looking. I really don't want to create a twitter or facebook account just for this...

But if I *have* to - is twitter the less intrusive of the two? (I refuse to join facebook). Or is twitter as big brother-ish as facebook?

Thanks for the help :)

lhafer
12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, boo. I got the invite (thanks lhafer!) but it is telling me to sign up with either facebook or twitter and I don't see another option...

I will keep looking. I really don't want to create a twitter or facebook account just for this...

But if I *have* to - is twitter the less intrusive of the two? (I refuse to join facebook). Or is twitter as big brother-ish as facebook?

Thanks for the help :)

I used to have it linked to my FB account, but delinked that and just sign in with my email address now. It won't let you do that? There should be 2 white boxes below the FB/Twitter options, one for email, one for a password. It's been a long time since I've had to log it - I have it set up to remember me when I sign in on my computer.

fivi2
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I used to have it linked to my FB account, but delinked that and just sign in with my email address now. It won't let you do that? There should be 2 white boxes below the FB/Twitter options, one for email, one for a password. It's been a long time since I've had to log it - I have it set up to remember me when I sign in on my computer.

It looks like I have to have either a twitter or facebook account to sign up - then I can delink it. I just don't have one of those accounts to sign up with and then delink...

I will keep playing with it to see :)

Thanks, though!