PDA

View Full Version : Birthday party invite etiquette WWYD?

catpagmo
12-04-2011, 05:16 PM
DD's birthday party is coming up in about 3.5 weeks. We have been talking about who to invite to her party. Probably about 8 kids. Just this last week, DD has received a couple of party invites for kids from her K class. These particular kids are not on DD's list of kids to invite to her party. But now that they invited her to their parties, I feel awkward about not inviting them to her party. Are we obligated to invite these friends of hers? What should I do? I should add that DD will not be attending either party because of scheduling conflicts.

This is the first friend party she has ever had, so I'm kind of lost on the etiquette. Also, DD's party will be at our house, and honestly, I'm not crazy about having a million kids running wild through the house (especially kids she hasn't had playdates with before, and I don't know the parents). I wanted to keep it on the smaller side.

Help!

SnuggleBuggles
12-04-2011, 05:30 PM
I think it's ok to keep the list how you originally planned it. I know it's hard not to reciprocate but it's really ok if you don't. Just remind dd about good manners when it comes to (not) talking about her party with people not invited.

Beth

crl
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I think it's ok to keep the list how you originally planned it. I know it's hard not to reciprocate but it's really ok if you don't. Just remind dd about good manners when it comes to (not) talking about her party with people not invited.

Beth

I agree.

Catherine