PDA

View Full Version : Book as a gift?

SkyrMommy
12-04-2011, 05:50 PM
DD is 2.5, 3 this next April and loves to go to the library, story time at bedtime and "reading" on her own. Most of her library is evenly split between board and both hardcover and soft cover paper books, and ahe is very gentle and good with pages.

MIL wants to buy her a set of books for Christmas that look interesting, but are board books and seem more simple than what DD is favoring. The books are art series from the Met Museum and say ages 2 and up.

What are/were your little ones doing for books? WWYD?

Seitvonzu
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
i think i know the "met" books you are talking about. i'm pretty sure they make similar ones, not board, but pages, for older kids. maybe she could get those?

my nearly 4 year old has been gentle with books since she was under 2. maybe just give some suggestions? amazon wishlist time?

SkyrMommy
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks! I just went to the Met's site and narrowed the search with the 3-4 age bracket instead... much better! And I think more interesting for me to read as well!

We do have a wishlist on Amazon for DD, but for whatever reason MIL insists on going out on her own. Sigh, that's a whole different post for another day! :rolleye0014: