PDA

View Full Version : Where to get credit scores without subscriptions?

stefani
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I am trying to get my credit scores, but I don't want to do the subscriptions that a lot of websites seem to have.

What do you do?

TIA.

ETA: I have the credit reports, but it looks like to get the credit scores from the 3 credit bureaus require subscriptions. I can cancel in 7 days or something like that, but still I would rather not deal with giving credit card numbers and the hassle of canceling subscriptions.

mctlaw
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I think this is the official one:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

mommylamb
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
There are three agencies where you can get your credit report free once each year-- Equifax, transunion, and a 3rd that I'm blanking on. But, this is different than a credit score. That you have to pay for. Your credit report shows you all the lines of credit you have open (and the ones you've closed) at a given time. And you can look at what you owe on each, and see if there is any odd activity.

mytwosons
12-04-2011, 10:16 PM
creditkarma.com gives you an idea, although it's not your actual score. I get my real score as part of a credit card perk, and creditkarma has been spot on.

stefani
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I think this is the official one:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

I have the credit reports from here, but the credit scores still look like subscriptions type?

stefani
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
There are three agencies where you can get your credit report free once each year-- Equifax, transunion, and a 3rd that I'm blanking on. But, this is different than a credit score. That you have to pay for. Your credit report shows you all the lines of credit you have open (and the ones you've closed) at a given time. And you can look at what you owe on each, and see if there is any odd activity.

The 3rd one is Experian. I already have the credit reports, but I would like to see the scores. Where can I pay without the hassle of subscriptions and canceling subscriptions?

TIA.

mctlaw
12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
I have the credit reports from here, but the credit scores still look like subscriptions type?

I'm sorry, I think I just didn't realize you were looking for scores only...I don't have any experience there! Good luck.

Liziz
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Like mommylamb said, unfortunately, while you can get a free credit report each year, you can't get free credit scores (at least not without one of the subscriptions you mention). DH and I paid to get ours when we were getting ready to apply for a mortgage, it was pretty cheap (somewhere between $7 and $14 bucks, I think?) to get it once.

Penny's Pappa
12-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Try here:

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICOOne/Description.aspx

It looked to me like it was a one-time fee of $19.95 for a score from TransUnion and/or Equifax.

pharmjenn
12-05-2011, 04:17 AM
There are definitely one time fee ones, that you can get directly from the 3 bigs. I do it when I do the annualcreditreport
If you have an American Express, they were offering it free a while back, you may want to check with them.