PDA

View Full Version : Which seat to take?

niccig
12-05-2011, 04:03 AM
DS will be 7 soon, he's about 45lbs and 46". We're going to be traveling over the holidays. One is a shuttle van from airport to mountain ski resort (about an hour), 2nd is rental car around town (not ski resort, but snow and will go into mountains for hikes).

I think DS will still fit in the harness of the GO - but that could depend on the car it's in. I can use it as backless booster for the shuttle van, I'm assuming no top tether, then put the back on it for when we get the rental car. Or keep him in backless booster entire time? I would have him in the middle of the rental car if we use a backless booster and guessing rental will have side air bags.

DS has been riding in a booster in my car for a year and does very well. I don't anticipate any sleeping.

Joolsplus2
12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Go get a small backless, it'll just make life so much easier. I've taken the harness on and off the Go, and it's nothing you can really do 'on the fly' (ie, it's a massive pain, at least to me it is...)... or take the harness off and just take the bottom with you, save yourself a purchase and the seat is plenty light.

niccig
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks Jools. I'll just take the bottom. DS is closeish to not fitting the harness anymore - it depends on the car I'm installing it in.